Lune 2021

tenet

Reaction score
Stirks - had to look that one up. A yearling heifer or bullock OR a butcher's shop in Stockton.😊

crewesader

Reaction score
Hi- I also fish down the Fairmile- Lowgill.
We lived next to Shap Welsh hotel Orton Tebay but my Nana always lived in Orton the back end of my summer holidays was spent from dusk till dawn casting away with inferia tackle from Bybeck to almost Firbank I had no advisors besides how to snatch under Lunes bridge, through time sheer bloody mindedness I hooked many fish in the mouth but landed few on a imperial reel and a 13' match rod, much the same today better tackle but few fish as many have said the famed back end run has been stolen, a 240 mile round trip to find conditions unfavourable it's impossible to turn round without wetting a line with one 6/7 lb grills to show for roughly 4200 miles yet getting soaked to the skin in 3 minutes on piss pot alley losing a fish behind the old steam train sheds keeps me dreaming and coming back with the hope this is the year the fish come back as I don't have many miles left on my body but WOW what a beautiful place to blank in the roaring winds and vertical rain of Fairmile or Piss pot alley as it was named in latin by the Romans at Castle how the fort between Lunes bridge and Yorkshire bridge , I have even recently fished Sedbergh but have found myself thinking Quaker thoughts and leaving for the new world but in the end are not we LUCKY x

Stoatstail1967

Reaction score
Don't bother!!

If anyone is thinking of having an opening night seatrout session up at Tebay, don't waste your time.
Just been over to try a new line out and the algae has exploded in the last seven, it's virtually unfishable currently.
Rain is forecast and it was spitting as I left so fingers crossed it will get a flush out soon.
On the plus plus side I did manage a 15" brownie 👍

Andrew B

Reaction score
Probably not at Tebay, it high up the system and is largely surrounded by rough pasture and fells
Ah well that’s good to know as my local river always gets like that every April and is surrounded by the same rough pasture.

mastercaster

Reaction score
1620061182190.png

how reliable is it Dave? Its pi$$ed down in Kendal all day - we'll get a lift on both Kent and Lune this evening

crewesader

Reaction score
Barmy bullocks. YES, I've spelt it correct 🤣🤣
Ah yep ran into them first time must have been 10 or 11ish (74/75) walking from Orton over the Fells to Tebay West for all I could eat buffet my Nan worked there, had there Whippet Scot with me walking along day dreaming looked up and saw a semi circle of Biiiiggg brown eyes heads near the floor staring at us air full of a feeling of menace, being a towny then I just turned and ran Scot too, I just got to the dry stone as the hooves were pulling up......to this day after learning what these animals can do that wall possibly saved my life don't recall who got to the wall first me or Scott and Whippets are fast !!! Stirks had a couple more instances detecting and another close one near the weir on the Sedbergh beat.....Hooligans everyone one of them need locking up 😰