Lune 2021

fishless26

Reaction score
No sign of any Salmon yet on the wenning, managed a coloured cock sea trout of 4lb this morning though, Is there any news of Salmon on the move or getting caught?
wenning sea trout.jpg

barbonboy

Reaction score
Please could someone send me the link to Shap Weather Station,
I've lost it and can't find it on Google. Thanks.

mastercaster

Reaction score
Please could someone send me the link to Shap Weather Station,
I've lost it and can't find it on Google. Thanks.
Anyone able to send a link to find a salmon on the Lune? I asked Google but drew a blank!

Very quiet on the upper stretch of TAA today, never saw a fin break surface and apart from a few small seatrout and plenty of brownies the river felt almost empty. Even more surprising was I only saw 1 other rod all day, no cars at Lunes & Yorkshire bridge

Tomorrow as they say is another day, with the water dropping in the bottom end will be spot on

mastercaster

Reaction score
Braw water this morning, maybe still a tad on the high side but beautiful fly water colour. Brief on and off, a couple of pulls plus a fish showed in the space of 10 mins was the only action of the day. Must have been a small passing pod of fish. Very little else I’m afraid, spoke to a few other anglers, nothing much else to report. I think any fish that have run have still not arrived at Tebay in any numbers.

Attachments

• EEA463FA-3C0B-4AEA-9AFD-D57B3647EDF5.jpeg
    EEA463FA-3C0B-4AEA-9AFD-D57B3647EDF5.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 629B92A9-65AA-4DD1-9F07-8473AC109BB1.jpeg
    629B92A9-65AA-4DD1-9F07-8473AC109BB1.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 6A4D9B83-038B-4A71-BCFB-A60DDCE55483.jpeg
    6A4D9B83-038B-4A71-BCFB-A60DDCE55483.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 9BABF00B-FE4E-467A-B28A-730639C1EEEA.jpeg
    9BABF00B-FE4E-467A-B28A-730639C1EEEA.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 57

mastercaster

Reaction score
Anything showing behind the sheds @mastercaster ?
Never fished it today Dave, there was nothing yesterday when I was there. I’ve found over the years you don’t tend to see many salmon throw out at Tebay unlike other rivers I’ve fished. There are a few places they will nose and tail when running, the sheds is certainly one of those pools.

mastercaster

Reaction score
Also noticed the river has risen a few inches slowly over the course of the day, not added much colour but will keep it a fish able height for the coming days. I caught up with an old friend of mine today who knows the river like the back of his hand. He’s a few friends who fish lower down, around KL area. Not much to report the past week from the middle stretches I’m afraid ☹️

ed123

Reaction score
Braw water this morning, maybe still a tad on the high side but beautiful fly water colour. Brief on and off, a couple of pulls plus a fish showed in the space of 10 mins was the only action of the day. Must have been a small passing pod of fish. Very little else I’m afraid, spoke to a few other anglers, nothing much else to report. I think any fish that have run have still not arrived at Tebay in any numbers.
were you right down the Fiarmile?

mastercaster

Reaction score
Further upstream, about equidistant between crag dub and Lunes Bridge. Used to hold a good head of fish but unfortunately over the past 4-5 years it’s gravelled up somewhat

Andrew B

Reaction score
Bonny day up in the wilds, river at 2ft tea stained and dropping nicely. Two small herling so far, no signs of any salmon yet
Still what a beautiful picture and place to be. Don’t laugh but two finnock this year is a result lol

Andrew B

Reaction score
Went lower down the wenning to the weirs, Not a single fish seen running
I used to drool at reading some of the threads on here about the Wenning in Autumn? Always remember a post from some kid who stayed at the caravan park at Bentham and fishing the Wenning for the first time, catching a bunch of fish in a week. Still if those in Scotland have blanked this year it kinda highlights how this season has been nation wide🙁

Norgeman

Reaction score
Don't know about the ark but my Dad used to tell a story about Lunes bridge in the dark days of snatching but days of plenty of fish, my Dad always said the big fish and big runs ended after the motorway came years of blasting and filth on the reds behind the sheds at Tebay ended the days when fish of 30lb plus would be a good fish but not a hold the front page moment anyway the story a fellow who has no doubt passed was fishing under Lunes Bridge on a good flood fell in into a good fish if you have ever seen L unes Bridge on a good flood and stood under the Bridge it's a flood on your senses anyway said chap got washed down miraculously un hurt to bottom pool still hanging onto rod and fish ,landed a 15lb fish put his hand into his top pocket pulled out a packet of cigs and shouted bloody hell my Woodbines are wet...... how he survived I don't know but he landed his fish escaped unhurt but was concerned about his Woodbines that's when fish were fish and men new there value after two world wars, that's how my Dad told it.
I was talking to my father in law Len Clark a life long fisherman at Tebay ,he said the chap who fell in at lunes bridge was Ted Jackson.
The tales of fishing Tebay at lunes bridge in the 50-60's where the bridge was the place to fish and very popular. They named the rocky sections
Pinnicle, Ginnel, Rockedge and he said often 2 fishermen hooked salmon and queued down a narrow rock path to land fish being wary an old
railway line wedged across pool and once line went around goodbye salmon.

crewesader

Reaction score
Damn right sir. That’s the spirit 😂

I was talking to my father in law Len Clark a life long fisherman at Tebay ,he said the chap who fell in at lunes bridge was Ted Jackson.
The tales of fishing Tebay at lunes bridge in the 50-60's where the bridge was the place to fish and very popular. They named the rocky sections
Pinnicle, Ginnel, Rockedge and he said often 2 fishermen hooked salmon and queued down a narrow rock path to land fish being wary an old
railway line wedged across pool and once line went around goodbye salmon.
my Dad certainly new Len

mastercaster

Reaction score
Aye the old boys could fish that’s for sure. Always knew where they would be laid up. Brig Hole and Blamires used to be like blackpool pier, you could never get parked on Lunes Bridge back in the day

Stoatstail1967

Reaction score
Had an afternoon at Tebay yesterday.
Water was still a bit high in most places for the fly but was nice and clear with few leaves.
Only saw 1 salmon show.
Shook hands with a decent sized fish on the town water but didn't see it so no idea what it was.

fishless26

Reaction score
Any reports of catches on the Lune? I have been told from a good mate that stopped off at Hornby weir on the wenning on Wednesday for half an hour counted over 20 salmon get over of all colours and sizes, one more rise and they will be on my stretch but unfortunately no more rain forecast till the 15th, and then I can imagine the river being full of leaves but we will have to see.