Lpxe 14' 10/11

Rennie

Reaction score
I've the rods either side, 13ft and 15ft, my friends have the 14ft V2's, wonderfull bits of kit.I need the 14 to make the set up!,lol.
Seriously any Guideline 9/10 head, it's better than you (or I ! ) will ever be!.Ok, not a Skagit rod, but with heads or medium Head Spey lines, it'll do all you ever want it to do!.Worth consideration.
I've the 13, 15, 16 and 17fters, love them!.
Pedro.

gege

Reaction score
I own the 15': it's a dream with a shooting head properly balanced, no need to force, the rod do the job alone.
Best for strong big rivers ....

JoeE

Reaction score
Have a few of the V3 LPXe and with Guideline heads you wont go wrong. I have the 9/10 in this rod and to me it's a very good springer and backend rod. Fish to 16lb no issues with large tubes on sinking shooting lines.

15ydspeycast

Reaction score
Have a few of the V3 LPXe and with Guideline heads you wont go wrong. I have the 9/10 in this rod and to me it's a very good springer and backend rod. Fish to 16lb no issues with large tubes on sinking shooting lines.
Think the 9/10 Might be more practical , 10/11 could be a bit of a poker

blackandorange

Reaction score
Hi 15ydspeycast, I bought this rod about five weeks ago and have used it about ten days for fishing pike perch/ walleye in 3-6m deep water in strong currents. Pulling up the heavy line is fine. OK, the tip could be a little bit stronger for doing this job. Casting into a heavy wind is easy due to the weight of he shooting head I did use. No lack of backbone. I do use flies up to 20cm. For this kind of fishing you need heavy kit (sink 4/5 to 6/7 and more). Half oft he casts are spey casts or perry poke, the rest is over head. This rod is just fine with the Guideline rtg 10/11 42gr, for both spey and overhead. With perry poke it will cast a mile. I do not use heavy skagit heads but have used several scandi lines between 42 and 48 gr. which are all spot on. The tip is a little bit soft, but the blank has got a lot of backbone. Don‘t get me wrong – „a bit soft“ means only it could be a little bit stiffer for my style of fishing. Even the 3D 11/12 48gr will fly. I like to balance the rod with an Danilesson 8-12 lw which is a good combination. An easy rod for fishing all day. Casting and line controll is a joy. For salmon due to f….ing Corona restrictions I will have to wait till….. The 14ft it is much easier to fish than a 15ft if you are ok with the shorter length. I don‘t know the other LPXE models and fish mainly Sage rods. If you know the Sage Method 14‘ #9 than the LPXE rod has got much more power. It will not bend that deep. You will get a very good rod for fishing Spey f.e. in March with this disgusting upstream winds. If you hit lucky this rod is not too stiff and powerfull to enjoy a 10 lb springer, in short it is a casting and fishing mashine.

Guide

Reaction score
Tried the 14' 9/10 and liked it, seems nobody has got the 10/11
I have the Guideline v3 / 14’ 10/11
rod will cast 620 to 660 grain shooting heads out of sight
Skagit 650grain with ease
Also it’s a lovely rod to use with the Carron 65’ head
It’s not poker stiff either