LOOP Up Eye Doubles

Lurig

Reaction score
Has anybody used the New Loop Up Eye Doubles yet for their flies & if so what are your opinions on them ?

I was thinking of buying these for a change but wanted to see if anyone had used them first.

Thanks in advance.

Lurig, :)

Craigk670

Reaction score
Has anybody used the New Loop Up Eye Doubles yet for their flies & if so what are your opinions on them ?

I was thinking of buying these for a change but wanted to see if anyone had used them first.

Thanks in advance.

Lurig, :)
No used them but I’ve seen first hand I don’t look any different to the patriot to me

Lurig

Reaction score
No used them but I’ve seen first hand I don’t look any different to the patriot to me
Is the Up Eyes on the Loops more pronounced than the Patriots as the eye on the Patriots can be just above level on some.

ibm59

Reaction score
Does anyone have a decent photo of these ?
The one on the Loop website is less than helpful.
And that’s me being polite 😉

Lurig

Reaction score
Does anyone have a decent photo of these ?
The one on the Loop website is less than helpful.
And that’s me being polite 😉
That’s a good point Brian; I couldn’t find a decent photograph of them either on the Internet.
If anyone has a photograph of them it would be great, thanks.

Lurig

Reaction score
Hi.

I received my Loop Up Eye Hooks & have just tied these flies up with them just now on the Size 12 & Craig is right as they are quite similar to the Patriots & I would say that they are quite short on the shank.
They look very well made hooks & very consistent from what I can see so I will see how I get on with them.

IMG_2433.jpg
IMG_2432.jpg

iainmortimer

Reaction score
The brazing looks to be very consistent and fairly smooth. Thats a nice set of flies to set them off too (y)

Lurig

Reaction score
The brazing looks to be very consistent and fairly smooth. Thats a nice set of flies to set them off too (y)
I thought that these hooks were pretty consistent too; but you never know from packet to packet as we have all seen before, although I would have liked the shank just a bit longer for this particular fly.