Loop Q-

Eminem

Reaction score
Very interesting lack of interest here compared to the polarised discussions regarding the new Salmologic rods and handles.

Personally I really like Loop (and Salmologic) but their new prices are just too much for me the ordinary working man with two young kids (IMHO of course ) :(

Sknox88

Reaction score
Decent enough price. Would be good to hear from someone that has tried one

Last edited:

(Smolt)

Reaction score
I think the Q is designed to have a reasonable price tag, even more so then the cast range from last year. Not sure what the Q stands for yet though :eek:

bros

Reaction score
Just bought the 13'2 model, passed the wiggle test.:)
Will let you know once I have cast it proper.

bros

Reaction score
Out yesterday with the new loop Q 13'2, a brief summary.
Previously had a loop cross 14' the 13'2 Q to me has a very similar action if not the same.
The rod was pretty easy to get on with so I would say user friendly not quite as much as the Marksman 2T though.
I used a 8/9 integrated gaelforce shooting head which went well enough, changed to a 9/10 gaelforce 10ft sink tip 3ft nylon and a 2" posh tosh brass tube, it really did cast well, but that's me in general I like a line heavier.
The rod feels quite powerful, again similar to the cross, it is a bit heavier than my Marksman but not significant to cause any bother.
I used my cascapedia 8/9 reel on the rod and it seemed to balance it perfectly, I don't think a light reel would suit this rod.
The finish of the rod is very good and the cork is average with the usual amount of filler.
The reel seat is upward locking, didn't cause me any issues but time will tell.
All of the above is only my opinion of course others may think differently.
I paid £234 for the rod from GAC, I got 10% off because it was a display rod and they had no others in stock.
I am more than happy with this rod and even at £260 I think it is well worth the money.
Anyway, a couple of pics below.
Cheers

View attachment 17841View attachment 17842

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,055
  • IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,055
Last edited:

David R

Reaction score
Looks a nice enough rod :) let me know when you test this I'm interested in buying one would like to see a review on it from yourself

Davy

Tyke

Reaction score
I like the colour & finish, non heliographic fish-scarer & you wouldn't feel obliged to buy a weird coloured wading jacket to avoid it clashing with the new rod.........?

Regards, Tyke.

Last edited:

bros

Reaction score
Anyone else bought the Loop Q rod?
I would be interested to hear other opinions and line set-ups.

I tried the gaelforce 550g skagit with 10' & 12' mow tips up to t14 with big flies last week and was pleasantly surprised how well it cast.:)

Any other opinions?

13'2" model.......................

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bought one from grahams in Inverness on Sat had a quick test cast on a very windy nairn this morning , was going to buy a 9# intergrated head with the rod but guy in shop advised the 8#,i allredy had a short head scandi in that weight so thought I would give it a go before buying.
Up first I tried a Michael Evans arrowhead mini twin 9/10# thought it was very good would do fine on rivers whare you want a gentler presentation low water.
Next up gaelforce intergrated 600gr went quite well but a bit heavy for me .
On went the rio ssvt 8# well I was down to the backing it flew out ,the problem would be striping line all the time ,
I'm delighted with the rod will probably buy a longer shooting head in the same weight or just a little over the 8# ssvt . the Q is very good value for the money and can't fault the finnish of the rod.
Cheers Patrick

fly guy

Reaction score
Bought one from grahams in Inverness on Sat had a quick test cast on a very windy nairn this morning , was going to buy a 9# intergrated head with the rod but guy in shop advised the 8#,i allredy had a short head scandi in that weight so thought I would give it a go before buying.
Up first I tried a Michael Evans arrowhead mini twin 9/10# thought it was very good would do fine on rivers whare you want a gentler presentation low water.
Next up gaelforce intergrated 600gr went quite well but a bit heavy for me .
On went the rio ssvt 8# well I was down to the backing it flew out ,the problem would be striping line all the time ,
I'm delighted with the rod will probably buy a longer shooting head in the same weight or just a little over the 8# ssvt . the Q is very good value for the money and can't fault the finnish of the rod.
Cheers Patrick

Was it 273 pounds or did you get cheaper as interested in the 13'-2" rod and Graham's is only 80 miles away.

ibm59

Reaction score
A number of these rods are being moved on fairly quickly after being acquired.

Any particular reason , lads ?

Reaction score
Wife bought me the zenith Sintrix which I didn't think I was going to keep until salmon rushdie on the forum let me try some heads and put me on the right track . Don't think anyone will be disappointed with the Q
Cheers Patrick

DC

Reaction score
Is the Loop Q anything like the old Loop Adventure ?

I have an old 3 piece Loop adventure 13'2" 8/9 and its still one of my favorite bits of kit.

Over the years I have had a quick cast of some of my buddies expensive kit , but find the old Loop still to be more than a match.

At some stage I will swap it out and the Loop Q appears to be the logical replacement.

any feedback welcome

duncan

Reaction score
Loop Q

Recently acquired a 13’ 2” Loop Q, fished with it for the first time last Monday matched to a Rio #8 Scandi body and 15’ Rio versi leader, rod cast beautifully. The #8 body felt slightly heavy so tried a #7 - felt slightly light. Next up Rio AFS #7/8 floating head, to me this was spot on.
IMO the rod provides great value for money, is very light and has a great forgiving casting action.

DC

Reaction score
thanks Duncan

Sounds like a good bit of kit. With my old adventure I typically use an afs hover 8/9 or the gaelforce Equalizer Integrated Head #9,both fish very nicely and provide delicate presentation.

Balticer

Reaction score
13'2" #8 works pretty well with Rio Skagit max 500grain. In my opinion it should work with grain window 480-540grain for skagit and 460-500grain skandi.
Nice rod for this money.