Loop Opti Runner reel wanted

Andy Musgrove

Reaction score
Correction

I don’t have one spare but you can currently buy a new Evotec G4 LW or HD from Loop UK direct for less than half price. I have the Evotec HD and LW as well as an Opti Megaloop and Runner and whilst the Opti reels are my favourite I would say the Evotec are just as good and if anything more robust. I use the HD 8/10 on my Loop Cros SI 12ft6 7# two handed and it’s a good match. The Evotecs are just as smooth and have the same drag system as the opti. I tried the new Q reel but don’t like it.

Last edited:

rs2ford

Reaction score
I don’t have one spare but you can currently buy a new Evotec G4 LW or HD from Loop UK direct for less than half price. I have the Evotec HD and LW as well as an Opti Megaloop and Runner and whilst the Opti reels are my favourite I would say the Evotec are just as good and if anything more robust. I use the HD 8/10 on my Loop Cros SI 12ft6 7# two handed and it’s a good match. The Evotecs are just as smooth and have the same drag system as the opti. I tried the new Q reel but don’t like it.
Got an Evotec G3 and G4 and they are very good however the Opti is the dogs danglees.
Cheers Diarmid.