Loop GDC sink

bros

Reaction score
sorry meant loop GDC fly lines:eek:

I need to renew some of my shooting heads.
I have the 14' loop cross s1 so, was thinking of trying ldc sink 1/2, maybe 3/4 too. What about the float/sink 1
Anyone had any experience of these lines?

Thanks for Any replies
Bobby

Last edited by a moderator:

MCXFisher

Reaction score
Loop Sink

Bobby,

greetings from Kuwait and Happy New Year.

I have a Loop GDC Sink 1/2 #9 which I bought to go with the rod you now have. It's a nice line that casts well and balances the 14' S1 neatly, but has one frustrating feature: it's the same shade of green from end to end, so you don't always see where it is during the retrieve. I solved that by pairing it with a Rio Connect running line which has the thick orange bit at the end.

I haven't yet tried it with the successor rods (April on the Dee) but if it doesn't work with them I'll happily let you have it for £20.

bros

Reaction score
Bobby,

greetings from Kuwait and Happy New Year.

I have a Loop GDC Sink 1/2 #9 which I bought to go with the rod you now have. It's a nice line that casts well and balances the 14' S1 neatly, but has one frustrating feature: it's the same shade of green from end to end, so you don't always see where it is during the retrieve. I solved that by pairing it with a Rio Connect running line which has the thick orange bit at the end.

I haven't yet tried it with the successor rods (April on the Dee) but if it doesn't work with them I'll happily let you have it for £20.

Happy new to yourself Michael, lucky man being out there in that lovely weather.:cool:
Thanks for the info on the gdc line.:)
Thanks for offer if the line doesn't work out for you, I hope it does though.
Good luck
Bobby

phil.b

Reaction score
i like my guideline lines, but i heard a lot of good reports on these line,so i bought the low float and float intermediate not that ive tested them yet but if your going to buy them i got them from fly fishing tackle.co.uk in devon and they were just under £10 cheaper than everyone else for each line.:D

easky

Reaction score
thumbs up

Bobby I have the same rod and have the float and float/inty GDCs (in 9), and have to say I think they are the perfect match. Obviously everyone is different, but imo they load the rod really well and length wise spot on.

I had previously used an AFS floater and Guideline sinking heads, but found the GDCs much better. Saying that I was only using the floating and sink tip GDCs so haven't yet tried the full sinking heads. I would imagine they will be similarly well matched., but as always though, see if you can try some out before you buy. If you contact Michael at AM Angling (on here) he may be able to send you some to try :)

(PS. also amended the title for you :))

Last edited:

carbisdale caster

Reaction score
The 9wt Low Float line is fantastic, I also have the s1/s2 but didn't really get to try it properly yesterday on the Helmsdale but if confitions allow I should give it a test before the week is out :)

Paul