Loop Cross S1 9140-4 build

westie4566

Reaction score
I'm a happy bunny the night. Gordon's just sent me this - he's finished my grip and I'm picking it up at the weekend.

He's done exactly what I drew out for him - it's just bob on, Love it.

Gordon you're a gent and a craftsman (y)
figr.jpg

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I'm a happy bunny the night. Gordon's just sent me this - he's finished my grip and I'm picking it up at the weekend.

View attachment 60509.0
You are welcome Andy.
I'm glad you like it. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished article.
I've just finished a beautiful 13ft 8/9 and it's about to be sent out for testing. It feels nice built together bit not had a cast with it yet.
I've started building another one and my 12'2. I've got a few days on the Spey next month so want then finished so we can give them a good test.

DC

Reaction score
You are welcome Andy.
I'm glad you like it. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished article.
I've just finished a beautiful 13ft 8/9 and it's about to be sent out for testing. It feels nice built together bit not had a cast with it yet.
I've started building another one and my 12'2. I've got a few days on the Spey next month so want then finished so we can give them a good test.
Will be interested on the feedback on the 13' and 12'2 models ..........still to try my 12' one ... next weekend Pert hopefully :)

Andrew B

Reaction score

View attachment 60509.0
Serious piece of kit there Westie and compliments to the forums rod builder.......The Flying Scotsman👏
By the way Westie. What reel are you gonna use on such a beautiful rod as this?

Greegs

Reaction score
You are welcome Andy.

My 12”2’ 7w I got from Geoff (Findhorn CHead) 6 piece & an absolute joy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Will be interested on the feedback on the 13' and 12'2 models ..........still to try my 12' one ... next weekend Pert hopefully :)
They should both be ready in a couple of weeks David. I will make sure you get a shot of both mate. Although there's a few guys waiting on a shot if them.

westie4566

Reaction score
Serious piece of kit there Westie and compliments to the forums rod builder.......The Flying Scotsman👏
By the way Westie. What reel are you gonna use on such a beautiful rod as this?
Haven't decided yet - got quite a few to choose from :p It'll be down to which one balances the rod the best.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score

My 12”2’ 7w I got from Geoff (Findhorn CHead) 6 piece & an absolute joy to use.

Thats the same rod as I built for my sons birthday. The very first rod I built. Seems a long time ago now but in reality it's only about 18 months.
Hes not had a lot of use out of it yet but it was real nice to use.

Greegs

Reaction score
Very nice rod and reel greegs . Luther pool balmakewan

Yeah. Hard going up there with the weather.
Hooked a fish 6th cast in there Thursday morning & dropped it after a few minutes fight.
That was it for the 3 days but loads of fish about.

Mike was speaking about you.
All nice though.

Greegs

Reaction score
Thats the same rod as I built for my sons birthday. The very first rod I built. Seems a long time ago now but in reality it's only about 18 months.
Hes not had a lot of use out of it yet but it was real nice to use.

It’s a fantastic rod.
I bought it as a replacement for my 12ft 8w Greyline thinking it would be lighter & fish a lighter line but it’s got that much back bone that I’m using the same lines.

westie4566

Reaction score
Duly picked up my butt section from Gordon today, I must say it looks even better in real life than the photos he sent. (That should have been done yesterday but had a nail in a tyre which went in for a puncture repair which ended up as a new tyre....lol)

Another slight delay in build as when I got it home I just didn't like my red winding check on it at all. Will get something else ordered up tomorrow, prob titanium to match the reel seat.

Cheers again mate and here's to our next outing at the fishing (y)

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Duly picked up my butt section from Gordon today, I must say it looks even better in real life than the photos he sent. (That should have been done yesterday but had a nail in a tyre which went in for a puncture repair which ended up as a new tyre....lol)

Another slight delay in build as when I got it home I just didn't like my red winding check on it at all. Will get something else ordered up tomorrow, prob titanium to match the reel seat.

Cheers again mate and here's to our next outing at the fishing (y)
I've got a dark gun metal here Andy. Not quite as dark as the reel seat but pretty close. Or black to match guides

chriswjx

Reaction score
So much googling after seeing your fade wraps, and now on my 3rd build, I've tried to do it myself.

Definitely don't feel they're as neat as yours, but happy for a first go I think?

Attachments

• 16201574222404724891440455760803.jpg
    16201574222404724891440455760803.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 109

westie4566

Reaction score
So much googling after seeing your fade wraps, and now on my 3rd build, I've tried to do it myself.

Definitely don't feel they're as neat as yours, but happy for a first go I think?
Absolutely nowt wrong with that Chris, looks great to me (y) Just a quick flick with a lighter to singe off where you've cut your red threads and a quick burnish and that's going to be the dog's dangly bits!!

What are you building?

chriswjx

Reaction score
Absolutely nowt wrong with that Chris, looks great to me (y) Just a quick flick with a lighter to singe off where you've cut your red threads and a quick burnish and that's going to be the dog's dangly bits!!

What are you building?
Cheers, took me about half an hour just to even get started... couldn't catch in that first single band for ages, and was starting to lose hope...

It's a 12'6" 7/8wt XLeNT blank from Bloke, pretty nervous about it, as its going to be my first attempt at doing a cork handle from scratch 😬 not trying any as ambitious as TFS's ones, just keeping it to rubberised ends and plain cork, but still 😅