Locked Down Tweed ?

lefthandup

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be controversial here btw...

I think you are
[/QUOTE]
Tough....think away....
If I was I wouldn't have said so at the end of my comment.

And I'll take @Horsbrugh word that they indeed were running fish.

Now who's trying to be controversial..you or I ?

Elibank

Reaction score
I think you are
Tough....think away....

[/QUOTE]
I think that that’s a sensible position to take - I can’t bring to mind a more experienced or knowledgeable source of Upper Tweed information. For someone to suggest that he would try to defend fishing in a legal season is plainly ridiculous.

lefthandup

Reaction score
Tough....think away....

I think that that’s a sensible position to take - I can’t bring to mind a more experienced or knowledgeable source of Upper Tweed information. For someone to suggest that he would try to defend fishing in a legal season is plainly ridiculous.
[/QUOTE]
But I never suggested that ?

Elibank

Reaction score
But I never suggested that ?
[/QUOTE]
Correct, you didn’t, happy to make that clear....#122

marty31

Reaction score
Im sure the odd springer must still come in in November but it's a big river to be chasing a handful of fish!

I keep trying to catch a December salmon but the traditional Cornish Winter run has all but disappeared, or rather now comes in September and October rather than November and December. Hey ho times change.
I think that pattern is now widespread but yeah times have in general changed

marty31

Reaction score
I can be 100% confident these were running fish. Most were head and tailing right at the tail of the Dirtpot pool. A classic place to see and intercept running fish. Potted fish tend to sit and show much further up that pool. Others were right up on the surface pushing forward and a lot were right in against the banking on both sides. I have seen thousands of fish showing over the years and can tell the difference, I can assure you.

We have been having fish running through like this, throughout most of October and November, when the water has been up a bit. The potted fish tend to show more when the water drop
Depends how far up you would class the Junction as a lower river beat...for me it's nowhere near a lower river beat.
Or me LHU if junction is lower river, what category does that put us at W&D in? Junction is 20 miles upstream?

Lamson v10

Reaction score
_20201117_191536.JPG

Andrew B

Reaction score
Im sure the odd springer must still come in in November but it's a big river to be chasing a handful of fish!

I keep trying to catch a December salmon but the traditional Cornish Winter run has all but disappeared, or rather now comes in September and October rather than November and December. Hey ho times change.
I remember a bloke who set out to catch a salmon from the British Isles in every month of the year. Think he started in Ireland on the Lennon in January and ended his campaign with a November Tweed fish and finally a genuine Xmas bar of silver from the Fowey.
I remember a film about the Moy with the late Jack Charlton saying at the time that fish run every month of the year.

westie4566

Reaction score
I remember a bloke who set out to catch a salmon from the British Isles in every month of the year. Think he started in Ireland on the Lennon in January and ended his campaign with a November Tweed fish and finally a genuine Xmas bar of silver from the Fowey.
I remember a film about the Moy with the late Jack Charlton saying at the time that fish run every month of the year.
Was that not Jim Fisher (jimthefish) on here? If it was (and I met him on the Tweed system the day he was trying for his November fish) he failed on the November one and landed a kelt.

Mind you, Jim's challenge was to land a fish on the fly every month of the UK season - so your guy could be someone else.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Was that not Jim Fisher (jimthefish) on here? If it was (and I met him on the Tweed system the day he was trying for his November fish) he failed on the November one and landed a kelt.

Mind you, Jim's challenge was to land a fish on the fly every month of the UK season - so your guy could be someone else.
You know I think it could be? I do remember it being reported that he’d failed the previous year by one month so it may be that?

lefthandup

Reaction score

Did you no do it the opposite way about this year ? ??
I'm only jokin...but I couldn't resist ?

westie4566

Reaction score
You know I think it could be? I do remember it being reported that he’d failed the previous year by one month so it may be that?
I
I seem to remember a write up in T&S about it. I think it was 2010/11 or thereabouts. Defo not 2012 or later.

Rennie

Reaction score
If I remember rightly, the guy who did manage it was Irish?, he had a specially converted camper van to help with his efforts of travelling and fishing various rivers.
Mindst you my memory? - - - -
Pedro.