Locked Down Tweed ?

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Fair share of new members either starting or participating in these tweed threads, they seem very well informed even to the point of work in tandem??? Or im i getting "paranoid" in my old age?

I must be getting paranoid as well then marty ? it was just a matter of time before he resurfaced and started talking bollcocks again

marty31

Reaction score
Probably more chance of catching a kelt than a fresh fish. That’s the reality of it. Not sure why the shock of hearing someone say it?
I think that theres more everdnce of more later fresh salmon this season than say the last 5 this has to be encouraging news regarding the river

Fruinfisher

Reaction score
Nest has decided to shut the beat early and FishPal has refunded the money. He thought that a lot of the other beats would probably follow suit

Horsbrugh

Reaction score
Great photos, lovely sea trout. What beat is this?

The beat is the Crown water at Peebles. It was sadly notorious in the past, like many upper river beats, for fish being deliberately foul hooked. Now thankfully, that has all changed. It is now leased to a new angling club, “Peebles Salmon Anglers“ that was formed last season. It has proved a great success, with membership now having to be limited, and a waiting list to join.
In order to control who fishes the beat. No day permits are available, however members can apply for a guest permit, if they are willing to vouch for a friend. This is purely to prevent any of the problems of the bad old days.

Last edited:

phil.b

Reaction score
Arnold, it was a braw day, I always enjoy a day oot out somewhere different, however last Saturday was something special. Loved every minute of the fishing and it was great seeing our girls together again.

As we're sharing pics of the day.......

Here's you bent into your pb seatrout View attachment 52337
And the final result...anyone care to guess the length??? Stunning fish.
View attachment 52338
Braw troot well done

Andrew B

Reaction score
Plenty of fresh fish in the Teviot. And I mean plenty, most I've seen in 5 or 6 years. And big run of sparkling fresh sea trout went through on Monday just prior to dark, great to see.
That’s really great news as it goes against the general trend of the last decade. Some rivers had runs of fresh fish
Also is it not just advised not to travel or is it actually against the law. Just a question by the way.....
lol its hard to keep track of it all.

Andrew B

Reaction score
The beat is the Crown water at Peebles. It was sadly notorious in the past, like many upper river beats, for fish being deliberately foul hooked. Now thankfully, that has all changed. It is now leased to a new angling club, “Peebles Salmon Anglers“ that was formed last season. It has proved a great success, with membership now having to be limited, and a waiting list to join.
In order to control who fishes the beat. No day permits are available, however members can apply for a guest permit, if they are willing to vouch for a friend. This is purely to prevent any of the problems of the bad old days.
That’s good news.

Andrew B

Reaction score
The same on the Nith.
We fish upper Nithsdale & last Friday had loads of fresh fish running through.

Saw more fish on Friday than what I have all season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s fantastic news I remember articles in T&S about the Nith and thirty pound November greybacks.

lefthandup

Reaction score
Well done Coneheads for starting a thread that get a bit of discussion.

I think the calling for a ban is a bit immature just like some of his comments tbh.

But he's a humorous chap and always gets things going on here.

Elibank

Reaction score
Well done Coneheads for starting a thread that get a bit of discussion.

I think the calling for a ban is a bit immature just like some of his comments tbh.

But he's a humorous chap and always gets things going on here.
Sorry mate, but I think your benchmark of a useful forum member differs from the majority.

lefthandup

Reaction score
Sorry mate, but I think your benchmark of a useful forum member differs from the majority.
How can you possibly let someone like that bother you ?

Surely you can't be taking some of his posts seriously...there are worse things going on in the world than a Coneheads thread on a fishing forum ?.... shouldn't take it seriously .

riffled hitch

Reaction score
Iain Bain at Cardrona said he saw a few fresh fish running but the majority were all heading upstream with other things on their mind. He also said that fish were spawning so careful wading needed.
Fish spawning!! Be careful??? Stay at home ?

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Arnold, it was a braw day, I always enjoy a day oot out somewhere different, however last Saturday was something special. Loved every minute of the fishing and it was great seeing our girls together again.

As we're sharing pics of the day.......

Here's you bent into your pb seatrout View attachment 52337
And the final result...anyone care to guess the length??? Stunning fish.
View attachment 52338

No a bad wee fish to end the season on andy? was it 26in? I'm getting forgetful in me old age ?

Andrew B

Reaction score
Fish spawning!! Be careful??? Stay at home ?
Yep that’s what I thought? Forecast is looking terrible for spawning fish. We had some overnight rain that put my local beck into a torrent. I’m hoping against hope that we can have a cold dry winter.