Loch Lomond & river Leven 2020

crawuk

Reaction score
Popped down the Estuary for a couple of hours this morning to fish the tide in.

Weather was blowy, which didnt suit my crap casting, but still managed three Sea Trout up to about 2lbs on a 3 inch sunk lure fished on a sink tip.

Water coloured up quite quickly as the tide was coming in, so between that and sammy the seal munching what looked like a 5-6lb Grilse close by i called it a day and went for a coffee.
Can you get a permit just for the Estuary?

StuA15

Reaction score
I know “Tickers Tackle” in Helensburgh used to do an estuary only one, not sure if this is still the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibm59

Reaction score
Can you get a permit just for the Estuary?
Doesn’t look like it , but i could easily be wrong.

para1

Reaction score
River level up from W/End level to 6ins of red showing on the marker. A bit dirty but fishable, Can't update on the LLAIA site. Will update here when its settles.

GTB

Reaction score
Hi para 1,
The L.L.A.I.A website is updating with your new info, not sure why you are not getting that acknowledgement, will speak with our IT People.
1593438916145.png

Many thanks para1

Cheers GTB

ibm59

Reaction score
River level up from W/End level to 6ins of red showing on the marker. A bit dirty but fishable, Can't update on the LLAIA site. Will update here when its settles.
Nice height when it clears.

Rosslinden0

Reaction score
Is all this extra water coming from the burns or is the loch getting near opening height, sepa site isnt working for the loch

jamiew

Reaction score
I was down for a wee look this afternoon the loch is pouring over 4 of the gates? Two where still raised at 6pm tonight (one either side of barrage). Loch water has a little colour to it. Haldane burn was running like builders tea. The 4 gates that water is coming through, don't look to be fully down on the river bed, not sure if it's just the loch topping them with the rain or if water board have been out this morn. There will be fish off tomorrow I suspect. Hopefully get a couple hours at it myself tomorrow eve.

StuA15

Reaction score
Went to the Estuary today, blanked for the first time....

......talk about backing the wrong horse :ROFLMAO:

tealblue

Reaction score
I don't think the gates will be open much longer its sitting on the gauge at the level that they usually shut them. There were a couple of grilse of this morning chapel hole and the factory wall.

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
9.5 hour shift today, river height was looking good and high tide fell into almost mid shift for me... but alas nothing touched all day.

A few fish seen but by all accounts nobody else landed anything either..

Top half of the water had plenty rods out on it today

Still, good to be out and wet some of the millions of flies tied during lockdown...👍