Loch Lomond & river Leven 2020

Gman

Reaction score
Looking forward to it. What was the verdict on last season - better than the previous in terms of silver caught?

tealblue

Reaction score
We will have have to wait for the figures that were reported to the committee to be announced in the AGM report. That should be out within the next few weeks hopefully.

Reaction score
Hard to say was a bit mixed, personally I didn't get to fish much due to work, but the spring run wasn't great but OK, the grilse run seamed to run straight through :shocked: and the back end was pretty no existent probably due more to the high water, fish were caught but not a huge amount.
I went up to the Endrick and caught and lost one in August there were more fish present up there last year, only managed to lose two fish on the Leven last year :doh: but that's life apart from the odd seatrout.
Hoping I can get more time on the river this year but not holding my breath

para1

Reaction score
Trying to get a comparison of the temperature of the Leven,its seems a bit high. Can somebody take it please and let me know. Cheers.

Reaction score
Good luck to any one venturing out today for the first cast off the season :lol: think you'll need a wetcell 5 and twa pun o lead to get it down, hoping i can get down on Saturday for a chuck.

para1

Reaction score
Water Level is 2ft 9ins above the red. There seems to be a hitch on the Lomond site.

Gman

Reaction score
Had a wee jaunt down today - High and quiet apparently that car that was bobbing down the river is submerged just down from the piles near where the bridge remains are.

Rosslinden0

Reaction score
Still not sent away for my permit will have to get it done sometime soon, starting to get the itch again.

Whats the news on the beaver that was up the top end last year? has one of the locals sold it to the local chinese takeaway or is it still kicking about.

Ross

tealblue

Reaction score
catch returns 2011 -2019

20200217_220244.jpg
Figures released today before AGM next Thursday. They look a lot better than expected.

20200217_220244.jpg

20200217_232259.jpg

Last edited:

para1

Reaction score
Leven Level 3ft 2ins. Marker at bridge is still out but doesn't show on LLAIA site.

para1

Reaction score
Leven Level. 40ins over the red. LLAIA site not letting me update properly.

aberisle

Reaction score
Two salmon caught on opening day 11 FEB. One from the top pool, the other from the chestnut tree. They scaled 10lb and 16.5lb this was in the early seventies. I heard of one being taken later on opening day but have no info on this one. Hope this helps

Reaction score
Anyone know the earliest salmon caught on the system?
To be honest there hasn't been an early fish lately prior to mid April, so It's more a lottery if you fish early think there was one in end of march a good few years ago but these days more likely to be last two weeks of April, obviously depends on the water :lol:

Last edited:

GTB

Reaction score
Hi para1

I have just looked at the Leven conditions link on the LLAIA website and the data you entered this morning has been updated and shown. Must be a software glitch but all is well, we will get our IT people to check it out.

Cheers GTB