Loch Garry/ River Garry

mjf

Reaction score
Planning to go to Loch Garry/ River Garry to have a bit of a fish with my brother once things have warmed up and bit and spring has arrived (April/ May).

Any thoughts on how the fishing is here? Will be after trout on the loch and salmon if there are any on the river.

Cheers

jambo

Reaction score
fishing

yup id say to early aswell. but u could fish loch faskally in may and you will have a good chance to catch aswell.also if you wanted you can get a weeks permit for the gary from the boating station.salmon brown trout.pike etc

Soundmixer

Reaction score
Go for it!
I had a very memorable day with a mate of mine last May (22nd I think) and we had four springers for the day. Fish were heading and tailing off Loch Oich and straight in to the Garry. The mouth is fed by a seperate Hydro flow than the main river so even if the river is low fun can be had in the mouth. Fish from the hut down to the loch and see what happens. Fishing is off the bank as the channel is really deep and has a good flow. The fish in my avatar is the one I had that day.
P5220003.jpg
Looking upstream
P5220002.jpg
Towards Loch Oich.

Go, but not when I want to be there! :cool:

RB Salmo

Reaction score
Cracking place!
We were there last April and had 3 licers in the first hour between 10-12lbs and another smaller fish later in the day.All on tobys/salmos.
Back again this April for another bash at it and hopefully get one on the fly.

mjf

Reaction score
Aye, I just realised that. I was talking about the River Garry in Inverness-shire, of which Soundmixer included some pics.

merlin

Reaction score
Nice water there when hydro on, had a good few up to 26lb between the hut and boat jetties. Fast sink tip on a floater did the job on off all flies, the Garry dog tube. Also that far bank was quite good if there's a boat available, pity that whin bushes are back, cut them back years ago.

Last edited: