Little Teds 1st sea trout.

Solway

Reaction score
Screenshot_20200728-204857_Gallery.jpg
Heres my boy Ted. Second day out fishing on the river, here with his first ever sea trout, caught on the worm! 1st of 3 he landed today! I had 2 on the spinner. Not quite 4 years old & showing me how it's done- happy days! He's wanting to go again tomorrow I reckon he thinks it'll always be that easy! 🤣

Solway

Reaction score
That smiles never disappeared all day! Hopefully that's him taken with fishing now. Although he did ask to go home a couple of times as soon as he hooked another it was happy days again. He took 2 about 1 1/4 to 11/2 lb which he managed himself then he got one about 3lb which he needed help with. At 3 year old although he's very big for his age he's still got a short attention span!

MCXFisher

Reaction score
Same age as I got my first trout, which hooked me for life.
That may not be the world’s best photo technically, but it’s an emotional gem and a family heirloom: absolutely delightful. Make sure you keep a copy in a safe dark place.

GTB

Reaction score
Great stuff!! The boy will remember that for ever and as others have said the smile says it all.

Brilliant love reading stories like this where kids catch the bug!!!

Cheers GTB

Solway

Reaction score
Cheers lads, it was a proud dad moment! He helped to clean it & prep for the oven but he wouldn't taste it, he's a fussy eater at the best of times - it just meant there was more for me! I had a nice salmon yesterday morning then took a decent sea trout later on. Hopefully I'll get him out again next week if we get another nice lift of water 🤞🤞

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant solway 👍🏻 and a massive well done to young Ted on his fish and also out fishing dad 👏👏

coffin dodger

Reaction score
View attachment 48004
Heres my boy Ted. Second day out fishing on the river, here with his first ever sea trout, caught on the worm! 1st of 3 he landed today! I had 2 on the spinner. Not quite 4 years old & showing me how it's done- happy days! He's wanting to go again tomorrow I reckon he thinks it'll always be that easy! 🤣
excellent

Sawyer

Reaction score
Fantastic picture, so much said in an image.
Being the Father of 2 Sons who both fish (now in their 20`s) I still get far more pleasure when they catch than I do myself.