Lines in the sand.

Walleye

Reaction score
Well done on the fags (y)

Ok, so now you've avoided lung cancer I think the above may take you out with a heart attack:p😂

(It does sound ace though - tea accepted!)
It can be surprisingly healthy. My daughter's variant uses toasted brown bread, grilled bacon and she fries her eggs using a tiny amount of oil then a few drops of water in the frying pan and a lid on to steam the egg so it comes out perfect and not dripping in oil.
Put together with a good KETCHUP and you don't really notice the difference.

budge

Reaction score
What about using a tunnocks caramel wafer like a straw to suck milk up

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Ugh ! I had a digestive disaster as a kid and it put me off for life. Soggy biscuits make me heave

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Andrew B

Reaction score
It's a bit like French baguettes. You can buy them anywhere these days, but very (very!) rarely they will feel, smell, crunch and taste like the real thing. Baguettes and croissants, nothing simpler, yet no-one can make them like the French. They had centuries to perfect them, of course.
Oh mate I totally get you.
Don’t know how my parents afforded it at the time? But we had several holidays in Brittany, hop on the ferry and camping in an Igloo (remember them) tent.
So the thing I remember most was just pulling over in the car, out with the chairs and Bottle of wine for mum n dad with a French stick with the best tasting Brie and ham and no posh restaurant could beat that in my memory?

Andrew B

Reaction score
I imagine it was just his little joke. They do that you know the French, always taking the p!ss out of British food.
No it was totally genuine actually. Brown Sauce is after all some weird secret recipe.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Veggies and vegans making their food taste and look like meat ???

Lol nice one budge. I mean what’s that all about anyway. An ex girlfriend of mine from school who I’m still friends with, was such a hoot to go out and have a drink with. So after recognising her wine consumption was a bit much she stopped drinking, followed by smoking and then just to cap it off became Vegan?
She’s always been a Bonny girl and everyone knew it, but after turning Vegan not only did she lose weight, she’s constantly posting pics on social media and to her family of her pouting as if she needs the constant reassurance that she’s doing amazing?
I dunno I just find it weird that the majority of us don’t actually like seeing ourselves in photos? But the Vegan thing does something mentally to it’s practitioners or at least that’s how I see it?

Andrew B

Reaction score
Mankading is always unacceptable.

I thought we should move away from food and into cricket! It's not an expression you would ever come across unless you are a bit of a cricket badger.
Even those that do it, know it’s shady. I’m not a fan of the recent trend of questioning every LBW decision just because they can.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Ugh ! I had a digestive disaster as a kid and it put me off for life. Soggy biscuits make me heave

I cringe looking back how I took dunking to a weir OCD kind of level. At sixteen and working in the foundry folk would laugh at my peculiar habit of dunking my cheese and onion pasty and ham sandwiches in my tea🤮
Couldn’t do it now but old habits die hard and I still love chocolate hob nobs dunked in tea (has to be tea, not coffee).

One thing I’m not ashamed to admit and don’t judge until you’ve tried it? Is to take a full pack of Jaffa Cakes in a bowl and have em in milk as you would a bowl of cereal. I accept that I’m a bit weird but seriously the Jaffa cakes n milk take some beating so I’m drawing the line on that lol.

budge

Reaction score
I cringe looking back how I took dunking to a weir OCD kind of level. At sixteen and working in the foundry folk would laugh at my peculiar habit of dunking my cheese and onion pasty and ham sandwiches in my tea
Couldn’t do it now but old habits die hard and I still love chocolate hob nobs dunked in tea (has to be tea, not coffee).

One thing I’m not ashamed to admit and don’t judge until you’ve tried it? Is to take a full pack of Jaffa Cakes in a bowl and have em in milk as you would a bowl of cereal. I accept that I’m a bit weird but seriously the Jaffa cakes n milk take some beating so I’m drawing the line on that lol.
Just ran to the sink after reading this

budge

Reaction score
I do have a dunking confession come to think of it. Prawn crackers dunked in hot and sour soup ! only a very quick dunk mind or they disintegrate

Finglas

Reaction score
Yes, yes and YES!!
Sounds similar to "slaw" for coleslaw.....my god. Or "smashed avocado", things always seem to be "smashed". All seems very american to me. Bit like a lot of people now say "is It cold out?" Or, "what is it like out?". Goodness, is it really too much to say "is it cold OUTSIDE?" the only place I used to hear that irritating nonsense was american movies.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Sounds similar to "slaw" for coleslaw.....my god. Or "smashed avocado", things always seem to be "smashed". All seems very american to me. Bit like a lot of people now say "is It cold out?" Or, "what is it like out?". Goodness, is it really too much to say "is it cold OUTSIDE?" the only place I used to hear that irritating nonsense was american movies.
Was watching some american video on youtube the other night. Had to switch it off as he kept saying " use a scissors" . It was making me really angry for some reason

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Andrew B

Reaction score
Lol you’re on it.
while we’re at it, can we draw a line in the sand re that awful modern way of speaking where folk go up in pitch and just stop? It’s so odd I can’t really describe it but I reckon it started in Australia and it’s been taken up by the Woke demographic.

hawtal

Reaction score
Draw a line under ? well, photograph the fish perhaps photograph the fisherman ? I dont think so Whilst on the photo rant I cannot understand why National fishing magazines include items which inform me that some guy caught a fish in some PRIVATE stretch of water usually accompanied by a photo of the grinning geezer HOLDING said fish !! How can that be informative ?

Finglas

Reaction score
Lol you’re on it.
while we’re at it, can we draw a line in the sand re that awful modern way of speaking where folk go up in pitch and just stop? It’s so odd I can’t really describe it but I reckon it started in Australia and it’s been taken up by the Woke demographic.

Once you are tuned into that there is no way of ever ignoring it. Similar to Peston on the news. He has been on ITV a lot recently and he drags off at the end of each point as if to try and draw the listener in. I find that really quite irritating. I can imagine him sitting thinking to himself that everyone should be engrossed in his analysis because what he has to say is so profound. Wind your neck in peston, stop the pontificating and spit it out!

westie4566

Reaction score
Spaniel people are just nicer than Labrador people.
Don’t argue- it’s a fact not an opinion.
You'll get no argument from me there 😍 😂 (y)

(Ok, I'll admit to knowing folk with labs and they're nae half bad in reality😂)

It's folk that think cats are greater than dogs that freak me out. :p

westie4566

Reaction score
Lol you’re on it.
....and add 'like' at the end of every sentence.:(