Lines for sea trout

Bluepearl

Reaction score
I need to replace some size 7 lines for the single handed rod, the question is colour yellow, orange, white, green, ivory is the colour just a visual thing for the anglers benifit or does it make a difference.
Will be used on river and loch, day and night.
Thanks.
John.

Sorry guys completely missed the thread colour of lines

Last edited:

Tyke

Reaction score
Assuming they see them from below then the lines will appear as a black silhouette in day light & at night it shouldn't make any difference to the fish as they will detect the splash as the line lands rather than its' colour; so buy the one you find easiest to see in both day time & at night as this will make things a little easier.

Regards, Tyke.

rrw35

Reaction score
No longer manufactured, but if you can get your hands on a Sshoot Slickstream fly line, its a cracker for sea trout river fishing.

Last edited:

Heebob

Reaction score
The old chesnut coloured Neutral Density cant remember who manufactures, I think scientific anglers and the Cortland blue Intermediate are what I would always use and nothing else unless I wanted to fish really deep and then the wetcel 2 would come out.

I found the wf 8 Intermediate by cortland are fantastically good line, especially for also fishing lochs from the bank for salmon too - It's what I always fished with at Amhuinsuidhe and brought me success every time.

Bluepearl

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, i started useing a Rio midge tip four years ago on South Uist but last year i just was'nt seeing it in certain light conditions, might go for a hi viz or an eye test might be a better option.
Thanks again
John

loughman

Reaction score
No longer manufactured, but if you can get your hands on a Sshoot Slickstream fly line, its a cracker for sea trout river fishing.

I luckily got hold of this line.couple of cracks at front end now + using #8 rods & line is #7 so its put away til I find a nice #6 or #7 rod.Very nice line to use as are a plethora of others at the moment.Sewincaster,4cast,40+ to name a few.

speycaster

Reaction score
the sshoot slipstream was a wonderfull line , but the sewincaster range are the best on the market at the moment