Line stripping injury’s

keirstream

Reaction score
Something just dawned on me as I was studying my sore finger, my once leather like hands are now as soft as a babies. I still do the same job, the only difference is I now wash my hands about 20 times a day and cover them with sanitizer :( I think I just solved the mystery of why it has happened now and not before.

I'm a bit fed up with washing my hands too.
Wonder when Nicola will allow us to take a shower again?:D

D

Deleted member 945

Never been a problem for me until this week ! Got a cut across my index finger that is a bit tender. Not sure why it's taken till now to happen though ?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Playing all them fish!

Heero

Reaction score
I once lost a leg stripping too many flies. Luckily it grew back.

keirstream

Reaction score
Naw they were cheaper from Amazon
I took a conscious decision some years ago to support my local shops.
I never use Amazon in protest against their global, tax dodging business practices that are contributing towards
local businesses going tits up.
Then, all you will have is Amazon and things won't be so cheap then.:(

leckytech

Reaction score
I took a conscious decision some years ago to support my local shops.
I never use Amazon in protest against their global, tax dodging business practices that are contributing towards
local businesses going tits up.
Then, all you will have is Amazon and things won't be so cheap then.:(
I agree. Sometimes though, local businesses don’t help themselves. I just bought a cheap shooting head this morning from JN. The postage was 25% of the price of the line!

keirstream

Reaction score
Most businesses nowadays will price match or at least compromise on the posted price if you are buying in shop.
It's tough retailing just now with all the overheads involved.
Amazon stick everything under one roof, pay staff minimum possible and claim tax , rates and rent relief.
Then their fancy global accountants wipe another slab off their tax bill.
All this sucks the life out of your local retailer. :(

leckytech

Reaction score
Most businesses nowadays will price match or at least compromise on the posted price if you are buying in shop.
It's tough retailing just now with all the overheads involved.
Amazon stick everything under one roof, pay staff minimum possible and claim tax , rates and rent relief.
Then their fancy global accountants wipe another slab off their tax bill.
All this sucks the life out of your local retailer. :(
Yes agreed. Here’s a typical experience of mine. I went to my local butcher with a view to try and support him more, bought a couple of steaks to see what his meat was like, he showed me the steaks on the paper before wrapping. When I opened the steaks the next day, the underside was dry as a bone like it had been left in fresh air for a week, hard and crusty. No point going back complaining, just take your business elsewhere. So yeah I’m absolutely for supporting local business and although the above may be an exception unfortunately it’s been my experience. They need to up their game!

squimp

Reaction score
I solved this using vet tape - or medical cohesive bandage -. It's great stuff, elastic and only sticks to itself. Can be reused. They usually stay on all day and can be used for their actual intended purpose as a bandage if you're unlucky enough to need one.

View attachment 46250
That’s the stuff.

cheap as chips and comes in pretty colours.

i buy the 25mm wide version in bulk and then end up giving spools to all my mates. Brilliant stuff.

goodwin8288

Reaction score
Not a stripping injury but a taking injury I had a similar injury to mammoth a white line burned into my fore finger and thumb pads on my left hand when a good fish took on the moy last year and headed back to sea !! with loose coils of line hanging down which i tried to control by hand and then eventually broke me (Ahrrrr) it went downstream that fast i just could not keep up !!!!!!!!!!!!

lowforcefly

Reaction score
Yes agreed. Here’s a typical experience of mine. I went to my local butcher with a view to try and support him more, bought a couple of steaks to see what his meat was like, he showed me the steaks on the paper before wrapping. When I opened the steaks the next day, the underside was dry as a bone like it had been left in fresh air for a week, hard and crusty. No point going back complaining, just take your business elsewhere. So yeah I’m absolutely for supporting local business and although the above may be an exception unfortunately it’s been my experience. They need to up their game!
Great believer in keeping it local where possible, and have, and will continue to do so, but have no qualms what so ever about going further a field, especially when some take the Pee...especially in the trades :( !
My local butcher is a good guy, and who I have previously done a lot of trade with, but I now only buy the basics from him...its a lot about turnover ?
Got sick of paying top price for standard meat, I know the wholesaler who supplies him, which had been in the fridge too long...dry, fridge burnt, and not very palatable?
I would love to give him all my business, but why should I over pay for a product I can source within 15 miles that is superior quality, and near 1/2 the price ?
None of my customers would pay over the odds for me being local...they would expect more, for less !:rolleyes:

Mel....

iainmortimer

Reaction score
You can get elasticated finger stalls from sea fishing outlets designed to stop nylon cutting into your finger when beach casting with a fixed spool reel. That's what I use in the sea for you tend to get more grit and debris in the sea than in fresh water. This kind of thing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-Cas...334123?hash=item34288881ab:g:vXwAAOSwQXZdjtRU

What ever you choose just make sure that the whole finger is covered for some just go to the middle knuckle in which case you can get the same problem with line slipping onto the finger.

gmm

Reaction score
3m micropore tape, just dont put it on too tight, after it gets wet it feels like a second layer of tough skin, and you can still feel the line through it.