Lightweight Wading Boots

Karl-K

Reaction score
I’ve got a couple of trips abroad next year which involves flights, so I need to keep the baggage weight as low as I can. One of the trips involves a bit of walking (Greenland) so need some wading boots with a vibram sole. At the minute I’m looking at the Simms flyweight or the Orvis super light, but if there’s something else out there that isn’t Simms prices but up to the job, I’d be interested. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Have a look at the simms vapour boots.. I've been using them for the past few seasons cracking boots with the vibram sole and lightweight

Arnold

happy days

Reaction score
Just got a pair of simms flyweight and they are seriously light and v comfortable, replaced a pair of vapour boots which were also good but worn out now.

Karl-K

Reaction score
I went with the Simms flyweight as well, probably only going to be worn for trips away, but as you say really light and very, very comfortable

GeeBee

Reaction score
For the last ten years i have been using Simms Flats Sneakers - very lightweight, with flexible soles which really helps with balancing on rocks. I wear them for both river and sea fishing.

The first pair lasted eight years.

Both times i got them in online sales for about £70.

happy days

Reaction score
I put 15 supatracks 3000B studs in each sole and find they stick to rocks like limpets, stay in longer than the dearer hardbites by simms and grip better. Have used them for years now.

Karl-K

Reaction score
Mine will have to stay stud free, the guide in BC doesn’t allow studded boots in his boat?

happy days

Reaction score
I bought a pair of boot covers from amazon called MyShoeCovers Premium for the rubber boats on the kola £20 worked a treat the points didn't come through, got a pair for keirstream as well.

happy days

Reaction score
Get the XL size, they're good if you have to go back in the lodge with your boots on, keeps the gaff clean :)

Pati

Reaction score
The Orvis pro are not far off the lightweight and fairly amazing boots, just tried in shop but looked excellent to me as a lightweight option.
For serious wading though I d stay with my heavyweight foot tractors!