Letton Court on River Wye Salmon Fishing only £15 per day! - Member Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Administrator
Reaction score
Letton Court, a beautiful private estate on the Wye near Hereford is offering SFF members a discount between March 16 and June 15 (Coarse fishing close season). A half day is now only £10 and full day salmon fishing £15! This is a special promotion to get people fishing this beat (new owners) which is really quite lovely with easy access by car (across fields) and very easy wading. The upstream half of the beat is the best fly water and the bottom better spinning as it has bigger, slower pools.

Book here and enter SFF in the voucher box for discount.

Letton Court Fishery, Herefordshire

There is a chance of a monster Wye springer from day 1 !

lettonsalmon.jpg

September Salmon from Letton court caught on tiny Willie Gunn - Bigger fresher fish to be caught in Spring!

noeyedeer

Reaction score
Season

Looks like they're observing the Welsh season start date (3rd March) rather than the English (1st Feb) ??

Thought the English reaches of the Wye started 1st Feb.....

Webster

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the salmon season is March 3rd opening for the whole river. They key dates actually are March 16-June 15 as this is the coarse fishing close season. Letton and other beats all around the middle Wye are famed for their barbel and are justly popular with stationary anglers. In the summer it is the canoe season of course.

letton-fishing.jpg

Barlings Pool here at 2ft 9in+ on the gauge. Perfect is 2ft dropping to 1ft 6in and clearing or clear!

uplands50

Reaction score
Got to be worth a cast at that price, I'll certainly give it a go, change from my usual club water.

Reaction score
How far up is this beat and does anyone know what the average catch stats are for March/April at Letton Ct?

uplands50

Reaction score

Webster

Administrator
Reaction score
How far up is this beat and does anyone know what the average catch stats are for March/April at Letton Ct?
It's middle Wye a few miles upstream from Hereford and near Bredwardine bridge. I don't think the new owners have any records hence they are keen to know what can be caught then! I do know fish are caught upstream from March 3rd but not in big numbers. (just checked 30 last year were caught upstream of Letton during Mar & April and about 90 downstream). Best fish in March was 35lb (upstream of Letton). Fishing pressure is very low on Wye in the spring above Hereford. But, it is not going to be like Iceland - but if you do get a pull - hold on for dear life!

tenet

Reaction score
It's middle Wye a few miles upstream from Hereford and near Bredwardine bridge. I don't think the new owners have any records hence they are keen to know what can be caught then! I do know fish are caught upstream from March 3rd but not in big numbers. (just checked 30 last year were caught upstream of Letton during Mar & April and about 90 downstream). Best fish in March was 35lb (upstream of Letton). Fishing pressure is very low on Wye in the spring above Hereford. But, it is not going to be like Iceland - but if you do get a pull - hold on for dear life!
2017 river catches here: Salmon Catches | The Fishing Passport

OURTREV

Reaction score
It's all about money.

The cynic in me thinks the owners are trying to make as much money as possible from their fishing by allowing the barbel fishing, very popular on the Wye, to be maximised right up to the end of the coarse season on 14th March then try to get salmon fishers on the beat at an initial knock down price but then to get the barbel fishers back come the start of the coarse season on the 16th June. However as Webster says it's not Iceland.
It's all about money on the Wye these days and fishing for an alien species, the barbel, trumps (if you'll forgive the phrase) the fishing for salmon every time. Think I'll button my lip now. :(

Last edited:

dexterbuchanan1

Reaction score
The cynic in me thinks the owners are trying to make as much money as possible from their fishing by allowing the barbel fishing, very popular on the Wye, to be maximised right up to the end of the coarse season on 14th March then try to get salmon fishers on the beat at an initial knock down price but then to get the barbel fishers back come the start of the coarse season on the 16th June. However as Webster says it's not Iceland.
It's all about money on the Wye these days and fishing for an alien species tops the fishing for salmon every time. Think I'll button my lip now. :(
I wouldnt mind paying 15quid for a days fishing even with the chance being fairly low of connecting,you can hardly buy a rapala or a couple of flies these days for that,of course its about the money but at that price is easily affordable IMHO if it was closer to me i would be doing a few trips especially early doors as we on the Ayr havent got much of a reasonable hope till April

Last edited:

Webster

Administrator
Reaction score
It's all about money on the Wye these days and fishing for an alien species, the barbel, trumps (if you'll forgive the phrase) the fishing for salmon every time. Think I'll button my lip now. :(

This is beautiful, private parkland fishing with lovely fly water and the chance of catching a salmon of a lifetime - and for £10 ! Goodness me there is no pleasing some people! I do hope the owners (who are not salmon fishers) do not read this thread! I'm frankly embarrassed by your comments after persuading them to do a deal for us. :embarassed:

brumyterry

Reaction score
Only 1 bank and the opposite side is Red Lion water.Superb value for money salmon fishing on both banks.

JSO

Reaction score
£10.00 a day for Letton is good value, not as good value as the old syndicate which was £120 a year including coarse fishing if you wanted it and all on a "fish any day any time" basis. It is in a great setting and used to get plenty of rods on it. Catches were always reported on the WSA and WUF websites until the change of ownership, I am sure someone on here could provide them.

Realistically there is a good half days fly fishing on the upper part of the beat, the bottom of the beat is spinning water unless you are using that curious invention the "pencil fly" ----- don't ask !

There are plenty of opportunities to try for a springer this year, let's hope they are there.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, got to be worth a go!

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is classifieds! And a member offer to boot.

Surely, a classifieds item should not be nobbled and then used for river-political ends?

Very disappointing I have to say. Thread closed.

Lovely salmon from Letton this April.

letton-salmon02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.