LETS GET THEM FISHING .happy recipients pics

longchuck

Reaction score
Heres some happy kids with there donated tackle.next lot of donated tackle will be going to a teenage club that does amazing work with teenagers and helps keep them of the streets and learns them good values in life.
If you have any tackle you would like to donate to the program please get in touch.
Any tackle, especially salmon fly which is in great demand ..fly trout,,spinning,trout and salmon
Big thank you to all who have already donated tackle

Attachments

• CD1473F2-5BDE-4F34-BF3C-E1EE03841854.jpeg
    CD1473F2-5BDE-4F34-BF3C-E1EE03841854.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 664
  • 026307D4-0B74-4E11-9157-54514554EF5C.jpeg
    026307D4-0B74-4E11-9157-54514554EF5C.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 680
  • 4795765E-E839-4ABC-BA22-E6BB8B725742.jpeg
    4795765E-E839-4ABC-BA22-E6BB8B725742.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 672
  • 984FCF37-FCFB-48F6-A8FB-9E2C63F63027.jpeg
    984FCF37-FCFB-48F6-A8FB-9E2C63F63027.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 677
  • 233F09B3-A1CB-4B09-947C-6DE25F6F01DA.jpeg
    233F09B3-A1CB-4B09-947C-6DE25F6F01DA.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 671
  • 567ACBCB-5C87-409B-8E30-817E2A0E6239.jpeg
    567ACBCB-5C87-409B-8E30-817E2A0E6239.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 678
  • FE5BA322-448A-481A-B40C-EB5C47FD1265.jpeg
    FE5BA322-448A-481A-B40C-EB5C47FD1265.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 681
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 945

Great to see the kids with their gear. Unfortunately the 14 foot Spey rod I donated has appeared on eBay - this is disappointing as I messaged to check a big double hander would be appropriate and was told it would. It would be useful in future to know what actually is required for donation as I could have put the rod on eBay myself and donated the money for spinning/trout gear... and saved myself the £20 postage.

Also wondering where the 9wt Spey line ended up

Last edited by a moderator:

tenet

Reaction score
Great to see the kids with their gear. Unfortunately the 14 foot Spey rod I donated has appeared on eBay - this is disappointing as I messaged to check a big double hander would be appropriate and was told it would. It would be useful in future to know what actually is required for donation as I could have put the rod on eBay myself and donated the money for spinning/trout gear... and saved myself the £20 postage.

That's not good.

D

Deleted member 21259

Surely it must have been a different rod? Nobody on here would ask for tackle donations for little kids and then sell it. At least I hope they wouldn't :shocked:

D

Deleted member 945

Surely it must have been a different rod? Nobody on here would ask for tackle donations for little kids and then sell it. At least I hope they wouldn't :shocked:

Same location, name and postcode PP. sad to say

D

Deleted member 945

Any tackle, especially salmon fly which is in great demand ..fly trout,,spinning,trout and salmon

I have to say, reading this back I’m quite confused why the salmon fly rod I donated is currently on eBay

C

cgaines10

I have to say, reading this back I’m quite confused why the salmon fly rod I donated is currently on eBay

Omg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 945

If other recent donators are interested the same eBay seller recently sold a Fenwick Iron feather salmon reel for 90 quid and a Greys GTS salmon reel plus 2 spare spools for about 50 quid.

D

Deleted member 21259

If other recent donators are interested the same eBay seller recently sold a Fenwick Iron feather salmon reel for 90 quid and a Greys GTS salmon reel plus 2 spare spools for about 50 quid.

Never in my life have I ever been so miserably disappointed to be fronted with such abject cynicism. There was a request posted a while ago for a salmon fly reel for a 'young feller' who was mad keen to get started on salmon fishing. I sent an Iron Feather salmon reel after PM'ing the requester and asking if it was suitable. I was told it was and a few days later received a PM asking where the reel was as I had not sent it at that time due to work commitments. I sent it off the following day. Had a cash donation been requested I would have in every likelihood sent cash instead since I firmly believe that we need to do everything we can to get the young interested in our sport. Quite frankly I am more than a little pi33ed off I am absolutely disgusted.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Absolutely shocking, has anyone contacted longchuck to see what's happening?

D

Deleted member 945

Absolutely shocking, has anyone contacted longchuck to see what's happening?

The evidence speaks for itself I’m afraid. The rod I donated has now been removed from sale on eBay although I still can see the item and have screenshots of it. The postcode and name are the same as the one I sent the item to, which I also saved in case evidence is needed or anyone claims it is a different rod.

As PP says it is just so disappointing that someone would use kids as a way apparently to make money from unsuspecting generosity. The request for salmon fly items in this very thread is particularly interesting as clearly that stuff isn’t going to the kids

Lamson v10

Reaction score
It's seriously bad crack, I see the op was logged in not long ago so surely must have seen the thread

longchuck

Reaction score
didnt see this thread but have been made aware of it,
you are correct,some of the items were on ebay,
the reason is very simple,when i give tackle out it goes out as a kit,rod,reel line etc,
i i have to many rods and not enough reels,this lets me purchase reels and lines to make up the full kits.
and vice versa to many reels and not enough rods.
the aim is to give all the recipients a full fishing kit,not just a reel or a rod,
when i have not enough of 1 or the other it gives the funds to make up full kits.
everyone on the forum who knows me personally knows i would never sell donated tackle for profit,
i dont need the tackle or the cash for myself.
i myself have donated hundreds of £ worth of tackle to the project.
i also have more tackle of my own than most members have.
this project has donated nearly 50 fishing kits and i emphasise the word kits.
i also have around another 5 kits ready to go to the recipients.
i dont see the point in giving a rod without a reel or vice versa.
the whole idea is to give full kits out.
a personal message to me and i could have explained it .
i hope this clears up what seems to be a personal attack on my integrity,
as said i have fished with hundreds of members and have many hundreds of friends on the forum who can vouch for me.

D

Deleted member 21259

didnt see this thread but have been made aware of it,
you are correct,some of the items were on ebay,
the reason is very simple,when i give tackle out it goes out as a kit,rod,reel line etc,
i i have to many rods and not enough reels,this lets me purchase reels and lines to make up the full kits.
and vice versa to many reels and not enough rods.
the aim is to give all the recipients a full fishing kit,not just a reel or a rod,
when i have not enough of 1 or the other it gives the funds to make up full kits.
everyone on the forum who knows me personally knows i would never sell donated tackle for profit,
i dont need the tackle or the cash for myself.
i myself have donated hundreds of £ worth of tackle to the project.
i also have more tackle of my own than most members have.
this project has donated nearly 50 fishing kits and i emphasise the word kits.
i also have around another 5 kits ready to go to the recipients.
i dont see the point in giving a rod without a reel or vice versa.
the whole idea is to give full kits out.
a personal message to me and i could have explained it .
i hope this clears up what seems to be a personal attack on my integrity,
as said i have fished with hundreds of members and have many hundreds of friends on the forum who can vouch for me.

You have been on this Forum on several occasions since this potential sh1tstorm started to brew up. You started this thread and as it is pertinent to your 'project' to suggest you hadn't seen the concerns of some of us who donated to you only to find you had sold the stuff really is quite a stretch. Personal attacks on peoples integrity as you phrase it, are never wholesome.Perhaps you might reverse roles with me or T7 just for a brief period and consider how you might personally feel had it been identified to you that brand new equipment that you had donated in good faith had been flogged on an online auction site. For my own part had you sent me a personal message to tell me that the reel I donated was not going to the intended young angler but had in fact been sold for ninety quid then perhaps none of the questions that T7 or I have have voiced would be necessary. Friends of yours on the Forum may indeed offer a glowing testimonial when it comes to your personal integrity. The fact is though I am not a friend of yours. I do not even know you. I did however donate ninety quids worth of fly fishing reel to you for donation to a specific young angler and you flogged it. Please forgive me if I am unable to add my own voice to those would suggest you are of good character. The fact that the rod that T7 contributed to your cause was withdrawn from auction as soon as questions were asked by him and I on this Forum only can only serve to add to the questions that it seems perfectly reasonable to ask in circumstances such as these. Perhaps it might serve to clear up any ambiguity regarding your personal integrity if you offered a list of equipment that had been contributed by all Forum Members and then subsequently sold and what was done with the money that was raised from such sales? I am sure that this would serve to allay the concerns of T7, myself and any other SFF Members who have sent stuff to you.

D

Deleted member 945

Longchuck as you may remember I also donated a salmon line to match the rod which you told me you put on a Leeda reel and Also that a ‘youngster’ was coming to pick the rod up ‘tomorrow’. So I’m sorry but if that’s not a suitable ‘kit’ I don’t know what is. You also appear to have had other salmon reels in your possession in the last couple of weeks/months so plenty of chance to build kits with my rod had you not sold them of course.

As PP says if I’d know there was a chance of the gear going on eBay id have rather sold it myself and donated the money directly without losing the 20+ quid postage fee. lesson learned

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just returned from a few days' holiday and have read this thread. On the face of it this is very disappointing and not in the spirit of the forum at all. We rely on a sense of goodwill and trust among members and when this doesn't happen it damages the forum for everyone. However, this is a longstanding member and everyone deserves a chance to explain and I hope there is an innocent explanation.

I have temporarily banned longchuck and have asked for a better explanation of what has happened, including details of items sold on Ebay and where the proceeds went. I will update you all when I have a response. If we don't receive a satisfactory response the ban will be made permanent.

Best wishes,

Kirsty

Roag Fisher

Reaction score
I am happy with the explanation given by Longchuck, and he has my support in what appears to be a witch hunt.
And no, I have never fished with him, or even met him.

D

Deleted member 945

Witch hunt?

The explanation being he didn’t have a reel or line to go with my rod despite me sending a line at the same time and PP and another member sending reels a few weeks earlier? Also that he pestered me to find out when the rod would be sent as he had a kit waiting and then told me someone was coming to pick up the rod when it was on eBay.

Ok then

D

Deleted member 21259

I am happy with the explanation given by Longchuck, and he has my support in what appears to be a witch hunt.
And no, I have never fished with him, or even met him.

Ahhhhhhh happiness is indeed a rare and valuable commodity. Perhaps you could share some of it with me. Tell you what, I'll give you my PayPal details and if you can transfer me the £95.00 that Longchuck sold my reel for plus the £15.00 postage I paid to get it to him then the whole Forum can share in your benevolence and happiness too. As a gesture of my own happiness I will transfer the money direct to Help 4 Heroes or another worthy cause and as a further gesture of my own happiness I will print a receipt so that the whole Forum knows exactly where the money has gone and that it is helping wounded servicemen and women and not in my harris pocket. You will of course know exactly where the money is going before you send it as I am of course declaring it right up front and not coming up with some old toffee excuse after the event. Longchuck may be happy too because he will have the knowledge that your support extended to paying £105.00 Perhaps also you could possibly let me know what you have contributed in the past to the 'Get Kids Fishing' thing and where your contribution ended up?