Legalise Weed?

AlanT

Reaction score
Yes it is a good thread actually (interesting): it's all about opinions, every day is an education and I'd hope we're all open minded enough to consider all views.

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Reaction score
Everyone Against it goes on about the side effects.
Plenty of everyday prescription drugs have side effects(including addiction issues),not all psychological but side effects none the less.
If Cannabis is legalised it will probably be like in the states where it can only be legally bought on prescription, so the people using it could be assessed for any mental issues.
Cannabis is proven to have medical benefits for certain illnesses,(especially MS) so legalising it for medical applications can only be a good thing.
I have never known any medical benefits from drinking alcohol.In fact its probably more detrimental to your health than Cannabis.
And Cannabis doesn,t have to be smoked (which is detrimental to your health), It can be added to food to have the same effects.

Last edited:

gpac

Banned
Reaction score
If you follow this theory then you must agree that many people do not use weed because it is illegal. However if you legalise it who is to say that we will not end up with the same level of problems weed related, that alcohol causes in society - then how would you fund the NHS?

theres lots of so called "legal highs " one can buy legally an i dont see them rushing off the shelfs . why do you imagine making something legal would increase use ? its only a term after all ,drugs can be bought any where day or night and ive never met anyone who abstains because its illegal ,people take drugs because they like them or dont because they dont ,its the same as smoking or drinking .my own observations are that weed might cause medical problems after long term usein a few cases but compared to alcohol an the scale of violence that brings its a nicer drug .not one i like myself but rather like spinning an worming i dont see it my place or anyone else to tell others what to do or how to enjoy themselves .taxable revenue will far out weigh any medical expense

ozzyian

Reaction score
About 10 years ago I was over at a wedding in Mexico between a mate of mine and a Californian girl from San Francisco.

The brides father (who was a very respectable chap and pretty successful businessman employing about 20 people) and another family member (can't recall the relation) both had a piece of paper with some print on it (including a hash leaf) signed by their doctor which - on production to the Police - effectively meant they wouldn't get charged for possession.

Amongst the kiwi lads at the wedding these 'licenses' caused great hilarity - the Californians couldn't work out what was so funny.

They were very nice people but both were a bit detached and dreamy. Not sure which was cause and effect - was it the 40 years of spliffs or was it being Californian? Don't know but it's true to say that having a puff in San Francisco is respectable and not really looked down on and a lot of people do it as a consequence.

There's no particular message to this post - just a bizarre experience. I don't really have much opinion on any drugs these days (other than they are almost always used as a form of escapism - which is sad). Stay as is/decriminalise seems a pretty finely balanced argument either way to me - so I guess it won't happen since it would a bit anti-establishment.

Bute

Reaction score
Colorado

Legal weed has not harmed fly fishing in Colorado. In fact apres' fish is like cool dude, awsome...

Callum Imray

Reaction score
Canada is going to legalise pot. Smart move for many reasons in my opinion. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq0HdM4ot5U

Well talk of legalising the good old ganja was the last thing I EVER expected to read on SFF, but its prompted a cracking thought provoking discussion, great in itself.

My answer.....HELL YEH! A sunny day on the river bank with a fat spleef hingin oot yer mouth......paradise! Makes a blank day so much easier to stomach :p Just remember your chewing gum when fishing a beat with a ghillie!!

Seriously though, as mentioned before and this is only my opinion, the real trouble maker is alcohol, I mean who's ever seen a stoner start a fight in a kebab shop!??? Hes too bloody busy trying to figure out the menu!

Last edited:

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own coun
Interesting thread. Dryfly's post is to my mind a balanced statement of how things could be.

My addition will be from another, different, perspective. I've been lucky to have worked in many places in the world.

One of these was Mexico, where it went from being a nice place to being a deadly place purely because of the switch over to cash-crop pot. One week we were working happily in the valleys and hills of the Sierra Madre with our burros the next we were stopped and hassled by paramilitary forces wielding MP5's in our faces. Twenty-odd years ago, admittedly. Now it verges on a narco-state where many die, because of the huge market on it's doorstep.

Another was a small S American country on the Columbia-Europe route. The kind of place where planes landed on roads in the jungle at night and if you were passing at the wrong time you were in mortal danger.

I am slightly of a different view. All my life I've been averse to pushers and dealers, and some of the reasons are clear from this thread.

IMHO It's making a profit, and ripping folk off that causes the issues, just like Prohibition lead to the American way and Maffiosi, in comparison to the drunken louts on a Feet Neet typifying Yorkshire.

It's also true that some people appear more susceptible to addiction, and sadly that is just human nature. But failing the Darwin awards can often be facilitated by the pushers and dealers :mad:

As with many things, everyone tends to see the things near them, the individuals who go off the rails, etc. and that paints their world view. But it's not a proper world view. It doesn't acknowledge the background, the many individuals, communities and even countries that have been degraded and destroyed by illegal drug trade.

Legalise it now. IMHO.

PS Of course, ;)I have never inhaled, just like I never accepted a funny shiny leaf from my Carib field assistants, that helped with the pain of lugging 30kg packs through 35-degree heat and 90% humidity...

Koonus

Reaction score
Many people continue to suffer from the coronavirus, both ordinary people who actually have nothing, and those people who have their own sacred business, which the authorities of some countries continue to exterminate with rapid speed. I have heard that some people were lucky enough to get money from the state, but not us or my business.

goosander

Reaction score
When I think of drugs my fishing is possibly as bad but not as harmful. Have always wondered why we do not buy medical drugs from the ones that grow them in place of spending huge sums of money on greenhouses etc .to grow them in this country.
Bob.

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
Problem with legalizing is, governments have to start declaring what they've been earning through it on the side and we all know they don't like paying tax as it is.

But 100% legalise regulate and educate. There's more dangerous things on our shelves already and there's clearly a market for things that get you wobbly.

It appears we all like to "escape" in some fashion and always have

Cyclops

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
Government needs to do something to offset spiralling furlough costs, now is the time to legalise cannabinoids. Get your Rizzlas and clipper lighters at the ready.

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
Government needs to do something to offset spiralling furlough costs, now is the time to legalise cannabinoids. Get your Rizzlas and clipper lighters at the ready.

It's what you do when you're broke. Sell gear!

Isn't the UK already a leading producer in high grade THC for medical treatment/distribution despite not having it already widely available..

I think the contract went to a friend or relative of a then cabinet minister or MP.. no surprises there really.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
The UK produces more medical grade cannabis than any other country on the planet.
But does not recognise the medicinal benefits of THC ???
WTF?
Were happy to profit of it by legal selling it to other country's but spend millions and millions a year criminalising normal decent people whos tipple is a fat joint of weed instead of the much safer and healthier nip of whiskey.
Sums up this country and its rulers.
The UK is decades behind other country's

lefthandup

Reaction score
How many of you weed smokers have seen flying saucers ? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And what about those Chem Trails ?
Is the government trying to poison us...🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

lefthandup

Reaction score
Any body want any weed?, I've got a Garden full of the damn stuff, you're welcome to it all, just pop round with a spade and help yourself, as long as you leave it all neat and tidy afterwards!
Pedro.
That's far too much hard work for them hippies Pedro πŸ˜‚

ACW

Reaction score
i just wish they would deoderise the Skunk that seems the weed dejour.

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
How many of you weed smokers have seen flying saucers ? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And what about those Chem Trails ?
Is the government trying to poison us...🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Chem trails is a bit flat earth is it not.. didn't get too far down that rabbit hole but I hear there's believers all round the globe

I know 2 people who say they saw UFOs.. both described the tic tac object to me. I thought they'd lost it then photage was released in April of its encounter with US Air force.. make your own mind up πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‰πŸ€£βœŒπŸ‘½

Koonus

Reaction score
Many people continue to suffer from the coronavirus, both ordinary people who actually have nothing, and those people who have their own scarlet business, which the authorities of some countries continue to exterminate with rapid speed. I have heard that some people were lucky enough to get money from the state, but not us or my business. In addition to these problems, there were also those that at the beginning my daughter was stuck in China, unable to fly away, and my anxiety reached the limit that I had to buying kratom capsules
That's what exactly I'd like to say

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Chem trails is a bit flat earth is it not.. didn't get too far down that rabbit hole but I hear there's believers all round the globe

I know 2 people who say they saw UFOs.. both described the tic tac object to me. I thought they'd lost it then photage was released in April of its encounter with US Air force.. make your own mind up πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‰πŸ€£βœŒπŸ‘½
The flat earth believers have a big following. I've seen it sprayed on the backs of sign posts. A couple if times I've noticed they forgot to put the a in earth and just sprayed it on top.
Thick as shite