Leg Abrasion on material , legs and seam

phatagrova

Reaction score
No matter what brand of waders I've bought , I find they have excessive material in the legs , (Im 28 leg ) and the fabric rubs together and wears thin and goes into holes /leaks , This is usually from the knee area up the thigh on the inside , Its this problem that causes me to constantly to replace waders after a few seasons, I've returned a pair of Simms , still waiting to hear back from them , Anyone have the same issues ,,

Tangled

Reaction score
Or buy cheap waders and replace them every season. It's a different but viable option.

The evidence seems to be that all waders leak at some point - quite often randomly - whatever you pay for them, and all waders can be damaged at any time. You can buy a good pair of breathable, lightweight waders for £60 or waders for more than ten times that that may not last any longer. Why not treat them as the consumables that they are?

gweb

Reaction score
You've always got to have some creases to allow for bending and stretching. If you get straight line cuts in the fabric where they have been folded, I have had some success with iron on tape, heat gun and a wallpaper seam roller on the outside and aquasure on the inside. Rolls of iron on tape are easy to find on ebay and quite cheap.
Waders are always going to leak, but its worth trying to extend their life as much as possible.

ArchieL

Reaction score
I have given up hope with waders , recently sent my pair of what were recently new (Just over a year lightly used) pair of Hodgmans to diver dave. Good service and decent repairs done on them. Best waders i have had is a pair of basic Simms i got in America years ago which lasted over 5 years without issue. I will be buying a new pair of Simms for next year but will go with cheap ones as i do not see the point in paying for expensive ones and i will not be annoyed when they let me down as i know they will.