Lead weight moulds

rm100

Reaction score
Im looking for help in finding moulds for weights , looking for something that can be inserted into 12.5mm dia tubing .

Cheers

T

TonyPrior

A mould will cost you around £20.00. Then you need a hefty torch and a melting ladle.
It's cheaper to buy ready-made unless you're planning on making 100's.

mikh

Reaction score
Im looking for help in finding moulds for weights , looking for something that can be inserted into 12.5mm dia tubing .

Cheers

The best moulds I have come across are made by Do-It, might be worth checking their website to see if they make what your looking for.

Mikh

Richardgw

Reaction score

Cheers

My mate uses a piece of tubular aluminium of the required diameter cut in half to produce these and it doesn’t take him long to make a good stock.

Clamp mould halves together, insert wire and pour the lead. Once a lead with encased wire is moulded, it needs a touch of washing up liquid to insert it into the plastic tube.

Rough and ready they are, but they work. Great with floating devons.

Pencil Leads.jpg

Rosslinden0

Reaction score
I looked everywhere trying to buy proper bouncing betty moulds but couldny get thrm anywhere so i just used scrap bits of wood I had, clamp two bits together drill a hole 1mm bigger than the diameter of the inside of your tubing then go down with a drill bit 2mn bigger than your first till its 10mm from the end.
Still have the originals I made after making bucket loads, they seem to last forever as the inside goes black after the first few times and doesn't seem to burn after that.

20160222_175636.jpg20160225_144636.jpg20160229_213015.jpg

rm100

Reaction score
I looked everywhere trying to buy proper bouncing betty moulds but couldny get thrm anywhere so i just used scrap bits of wood I had, clamp two bits together drill a hole 1mm bigger than the diameter of the inside of your tubing then go down with a drill bit 2mn bigger than your first till its 10mm from the end.
Still have the originals I made after making bucket loads, they seem to last forever as the inside goes black after the first few times and doesn't seem to burn after that.

View attachment 17387View attachment 17388View attachment 17389
Where is best to get the tubing ?

What have you used to fix the swivel ? Glue type ?

Rosslinden0

Reaction score
Where is best to get the tubing ?

What have you used to fix the swivel ? Glue type ?

just search aquarium tubing on ebay there is millions of the stuff for sale, just select the diameter and the thickness you want, i just bought a big bag of cheap swivels and used a hot glue gun, put a big blob in pop a swivel in then dip in the cup of cold water to harden instantly, i just sat and done them all at once 30minutes you can fire out about a hundred