Lamson Litespeed

simon grace

Reaction score
Hold the reel with both hands with the handle/front of reel facing away from you.
Hold the reel putting your thumbs through the back of the cage onto the spool and push with your thumbs and the spool will pop out..You might have to push firmly if the spools never been removed but it shouldn't take much effort.

Handel

Reaction score
And if that doesn work you have put it away wet and it needs to go back to Lamson to be fixed:(

simon grace

Reaction score
And if that doesn work you have put it away wet and it needs to go back to Lamson to be fixed:(
The drag seal is water tight so the fact that it was "wet" when it was put in the case shouldn't matter. You can't wet a reel anyway. It's not absorbent..There would be never more than half a thimble full of water on a reel if you dunked it in and out.
I don't get that one really...:confused::confused:

CORONA

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a used Litespeed can anyone advise me on how to remove the spool please?
If its the newest model ie Lamson Micra 5 then take a look at this video..

there are also lots of other videos out there featuring Lamson reels and how to remove the spools for maintenance purposes.. Youtube is usually always my port of call for this kind of thing including Rods

Waterworks Lamson Lightspeed Micra English - YouTube

Hope this is helpful

CORONA

Handel

Reaction score
The drag seal is water tight so the fact that it was "wet" when it was put in the case shouldn't matter. You can't wet a reel anyway. It's not absorbent..There would be never more than half a thimble full of water on a reel if you dunked it in and out.
I don't get that one really...:confused::confused:
I only mention it because I have done it. I have used Litespeeds for years, mine are all the original version. When I couldn't get one apart as you describe and that is the method I always use I took it back to the dealer who couldn't get it apart either. So he sent it back to Lamson who said water had got into the join between the two halves, dried out and formed some sort of vacuum. How they got it apart I don't know. I was just glad to get it back. Cost me twenty quid.