L birgham

Johnnieboy

Reaction score
I'm fishing L birgham on tweed next week for the first time,just looking for some helpful info regarding water levels etc,

what heights does it fish best and what gauge should I follow for river levels?

I believe its quite a short beat as well....will a 14 footer with floating line and tips do the job for me??

ill no bother asking aboot flies...should have that covered.

cheers.

Chicharito

Reaction score
I'm fishing L birgham on tweed next week for the first time,just looking for some helpful info regarding water levels etc,

what heights does it fish best and what gauge should I follow for river levels?

I believe its quite a short beat as well....will a 14 footer with floating line and tips do the job for me??

ill no bother asking aboot flies...should have that covered.

cheers.

Fished it once a few years ago. It is a short beat . The top part has a bit of fast water with like a mini weir and there is a nice bit of water to the tail of the pool where I caught a grilse on spinner. After that it is boat fishing. A 14 footer will be fine for the top part. Take a spinning rod as well if you are that way inclined. I used the spinning rod from the boat in the afternoon but didn't catch anything else. Nice enough spot. Don't know who the ghillie is these days.
What day are you fishing?

Johnnieboy

Reaction score
thanks for the info,
not a massive spinning fan but ill take it with me anyway just incase,
I'm fishing thurs/fri/sat, if its that short ill be bored after the Thursday....nah beats working eh!!

Chicharito

Reaction score
Good luck ! 3 days on there may be too many. If there's fish about though that will make all the difference. Tight lines !