Kola 2021?

Tangled

Reaction score
I have a carried forward trip from last year coming up this July.

I was hopeful a month ago but now it's looking like international travel is unlikely this summer too. Anybody else similarly stymied?

PB

Reaction score
Steelhead in British Columbia in September, carried over from last year. Looking very dodgy.

PB.

ballintemple

Reaction score
Same with me. I had some hopes at beginning of the year, but with another Covid wave building in Europe, it seems any chance has gone. BTW Russia is closed to anyone but a very restricted list of travellers & can't see that changing soon.

scotsmac1

Reaction score
Lakselve in end July, possible, but no roll over to next year If we cant go.
Im same, got 4 days mid July, roll over from 2020 I feel No Chance.. And no Roll over to next year. ( Lost money, needles to say, I wont go back, unless they change their policy, and roll it over again. Hmm, I see an argument with them coming , )

Hoddom

Reaction score
Two Yokanga trips. July and Sept.

Could they happen with charters direct to Murmansk form Heathrow and a chopper? Only if an MP has booked up.

Handel

Reaction score
Two Yokanga trips. July and Sept.

Could they happen with charters direct to Murmansk form Heathrow and a chopper? Only if an MP has booked up.
And that depends on the make up of your party. LHR is fine for Brits............... Anyway MPs can't afford Yokanga:).

Icelander05

Reaction score
Scotland roller over for the second time. Greenland in summer hopefully as well because only half of the party will be vaccinated, I guess. So I would prefer to wait for another year, in hope that the operators that do have the deposit are still in business.
Icelander05

Neil W

Reaction score
Norway last week of June carried over from last year. Not given up yet as I will have had both jabs by then and I suspect countries will have a traffic light system so if Norway levels are low then it might happen.

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (werethereagodit'dbegod'sowncountry)

Heero

Reaction score
I am supposed to spend pretty much all of July in Russia - bought flights a couple months ago in the hopes. Not salmon fishing, tho, mostly hiking and fishing and adventuring in Altai. Not looking good. At least airfare, the only thing I have fronted the money for, is fully refundable these days. Will call it if I am still uncertain at the end of May.

Here is to hoping all our travel works out!

scotsmac1

Reaction score
I am supposed to spend pretty much all of July in Russia - bought flights a couple months ago in the hopes. Not salmon fishing, tho, mostly hiking and fishing and adventuring in Altai. Not looking good. At least airfare, the only thing I have fronted the money for, is fully refundable these days. Will call it if I am still uncertain at the end of May.

Here is to hoping all our travel works out!
Was kinda confident BC and a fight with Steelhead might happen by Oct, but now not holding my breath. Im a DIY, so at least nada paid or booked .

ballintemple

Reaction score
Reuters is reporting this:

Russia has administered at least 8,413,713 doses of COVID vaccines so far. Assuming every person needs 2 doses, that’s enough to have vaccinated about 2.9% of the country’s population.

During the last week reported, Russia averaged about 106,795 doses administered each day. At that rate, it will take a further 271 days to administer enough doses for another 10% of the population.

Doesn't seem to me the country will open up to anglers, vaccinated or not, while its own vaccination rates are low. I'll be forgetting the Kola, despite my booking, and looking closer to home

Last edited:

Heero

Reaction score
Was kinda confident BC and a fight with Steelhead might happen by Oct, but now not holding my breath. Im a DIY, so at least nada paid or booked .
Same. I wont pay a travel company to do what I can do myself - not only is there the money aspect, there is the satisfaction of not having my hand held.

scotsmac1

Reaction score
Reuters is reporting this:

Russia has administered at least 8,413,713 doses of COVID vaccines so far. Assuming every person needs 2 doses, that’s enough to have vaccinated about 2.9% of the country’s population.

During the last week reported, Russia averaged about 106,795 doses administered each day. At that rate, it will take a further 271 days to administer enough doses for another 10% of the population.

Doesn't seem to me the country will open up to anglers, vaccinated or not, while its own vaccination rates are low. I'll be forgetting the Kola, despite my booking, and looking closer to home
My link over their said, Sept at the least, but even that big ?. Forget this year.