Klinkhamers

Bothy Cat

Reaction score
Flies

Great flies.
A fly I struggle to tie, especially the hackle, and although I have great success with suspender buzzers it would be nice to have more Klinkhammers in my armoury. The author has some good videos on YouTube, one of which (Corixa) I tied recently which looks good. I have also just ordered the book which goes into great detail - now to find a shelf on which to put it.

Ypres

Reaction score
Great flies.
A fly I struggle to tie, especially the hackle, and although I have great success with suspender buzzers it would be nice to have more Klinkhammers in my armoury. The author has some good videos on YouTube, one of which (Corixa) I tied recently which looks good. I have also just ordered the book which goes into great detail - now to find a shelf on which to put it.
The book is excellent. The secret with the Klinkhamer tying is to finish off the body and thorax, tie off and then turn the fly through 90 degree. Tie back on and wind down the hackle. All well explained in book.

Len

tenet

Reaction score
Sometimes use Klinkhamers on the lakes/reservoirs and can prove deadly at times for Rainbows. I find it easier to apply a little UV resin to the post to aid tying the hackle. That being said the sugar lump is equally effective and much easier to tie although not nearly aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited: