Keithick streams

glenelg100

Reaction score
Myself and my fishing mate are going to Keithick Streams next Saturday, anyone been on this beat , any advice and reports more than welcome as never been before nor do I actually know where it is.
Thanks Ian

Rennie

Reaction score
I could be absolutely no where near here, but I think its the streamy water located down hill from the old Cemetery on the back road from Coupar Angus to Meikleour, you can see it on Google Earth!.
Pedro.

glenelg100

Reaction score
I could be absolutely no where near here, but I think its the streamy water located down hill from the old Cemetery on the back road from Coupar Angus to Meikleour, you can see it on Google Earth!.
Pedro.
Thanks, I will look tonight, I do have a ghillies number to call before I go. Was just trying to get some information on the beat from people who have actually been there. But it looks as though not many people on the forum have tried it, so will just need to try it and see.

mc andy

Reaction score
Had this beat changed its name?

I fished a lower isla beat 10 or so years ago, and don't recall any of these beat names. From memory it had very little fly water.

glenelg100

Reaction score
Had this beat changed its name?

I fished a lower isla beat 10 or so years ago, and don't recall any of these beat names. From memory it had very little fly water.
As far as I’m aware, Keithick Streams is fly water, Keithick mains is more slow flowing deep water, but I’ll just need to wait and see, if I don’t like it I won’t be back.
No one seems to know anything.

Coneheads

Reaction score
There is very little streamy water on the whole river Isla, only streamy bits I've seen/fished are Balbrogie @ Coupar Grange, very top of Isla bank beat , private bit opp Church, and at the farm below the Coupar Angus bridge ?

mc andy

Reaction score
As far as I’m aware, Keithick Streams is fly water, Keithick mains is more slow flowing deep water, but I’ll just need to wait and see, if I don’t like it I won’t be back.
No one seems to know anything.
Yes I just checked fishpal, think we might of been on an other beat. As what we fished wouldn't be called fly water by any means. Still? All the lower beat name look very unfamiliar?

mc andy

Reaction score
There is very little streamy water on the whole river Isla, only streamy bits I've seen/fished are Balbrogie @ Coupar Grange, very top of Isla bank beat , private bit opp Church, and at the farm below the Coupar Angus bridge ?
Isla Bank beat! That's the one we fished. Is this close to the beat in mention?

Coneheads

Reaction score
Keithick Streams is pretty new to Fishpal /Tay, only the last 2 ore 3 seasons ? The fishpal web site of this beat is very vague ? no catches, map etc ? £55 /day, Isla bank is the opposite bank ?Isla bank and Keithick mains bottom limit may march with the start of K. Streams ?

Last edited:

glenelg100

Reaction score
I'll give it a try as I've paid my money, if it's not my cup of tea I'll give it a miss for any future trips. But you never know until you try.

Rennie

Reaction score
Isla Bank is by Coupar Angus Bridge, up and downstream.Kethick streams is a mile or so below this, google earth it and look for Lunan Burn and Coupar Burn, thats the beat between them, its left bank fishing and the more I think about it, the more its roughly where I indicated in my 1st post.
Don't expect miracles!, it's only the Isla, but there and Coupar Grange I'd say offer the best of Isla fishing.
Pedro.

glenelg100

Reaction score
Isla Bank is by Coupar Angus Bridge, up and downstream.Kethick streams is a mile or so below this, google earth it and look for Lunan Burn and Coupar Burn, thats the beat between them, its left bank fishing and the more I think about it, the more its roughly where I indicated in my 1st post.
Don't expect miracles!, it's only the Isla, but there and Coupar Grange I'd say offer the best of Isla fishing.
Pedro.
Thanks , I'll enjoy the day out no matter what, I enjoy my fishing, catching or not, but it is nice to know there are a few about

troggy

Reaction score
Thanks , I'll enjoy the day out no matter what, I enjoy my fishing, catching or not, but it is nice to know there are a few about
HELLO MATE, HOW DID YOU GET ON, ON THIS BEAT, I WAS CONSIDERING GIVING IT A GO END OF SEPTEMBER??

glenelg100

Reaction score
HELLO MATE, HOW DID YOU GET ON, ON THIS BEAT, I WAS CONSIDERING GIVING IT A GO END OF SEPTEMBER??

I didn’t enjoy it , from what I seen very little fly water . Quite a lot of deep slow water , spinning and worming was allowed but I prefer the fly. If you enjoy spinning and worming it may be for you. I didn’t feel it was worth the money.

troggy

Reaction score
I didn’t enjoy it , from what I seen very little fly water . Quite a lot of deep slow water , spinning and worming was allowed but I prefer the fly. If you enjoy spinning and worming it may be for you. I didn’t feel it was worth the money.
THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT REPLY MATE, OH DEAR, NO MY WIFE AND I DON'T USUALLY WANT TO SPIN, A FEW YEARS BACK WHEN WE COULD TAKE A FISH OR TWO FOR THE SMOKER, BUT CANNOT SEE THE POINT IN STRESSING OUT AND INJURING THE FISH WITH 100% CAR.

I THOUGHT FOR ONCE WE COULD AVOID HAVING TO FORK OUT LOADS OF MONEY FOR A FEW DAYS ON THE TAY SYSTEM???
THE WORDS STREAM CAUGHT THE IMAGINATION AND THE £50 PER DAY PRICE. WE ARE STAYING ON THE ARLIE ESTATE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS NEXT MONTH, SO I WILL WALK THE BEAT AND SEE WHAT THE POTENTIAL IS PRIOR TO BOOKING. WE HAVE CAUGHT LATE SEASON FISH IN SLOWER DEEPER WATER ON SINKING TIPS AND HEAVY TUBES BEFORE, ITS HARD WORK. THE ALTERNATIVE OF FORKING OUT CIRCA £1000 + FOR MY WIFE AND I TO FISH A FEW DAYS ON THE MAIN RIVER, WHICH DOES NOT SEEM TO BE FISHING THAT WELL?, IF WE COULD HAVE HAD A GOOD CHANCE OF CATCHING ON THE ISLA FOR A THIRD OF THE COST???

WE WOULD NORMALLY BE UP ON DEESIDE FOR OUR 2 WEEKS, BUT NO ACCOMODATION TO BE HAD:rolleyes:

Coneheads

Reaction score
Maybe the beat would be Better named Keithick Canal , most of the lower Isla is canal like

glenelg100

Reaction score
I had never been before to the Isla, so didn’t really know what to expect, it just wasn’t my cup of tea.

clydesider

Reaction score
Pedro.
I used to fish in a Isla syndicate on the Links Farm beat which ran from a few hundred yards above the Tay/Isla junction to 1.5 miles upstream. At that time the top of the beat then changed to Keithick Mains. (I think Kingfisher said Links Farm was now available on the Perth & District ticket.)
The locals parked at the old cemetery and walked down to the river.
Looking upstream from the bottom of Keithick Mains had some lovely streamy water and the locals did well with some tiny flies.
The retired Colin Leslie used to be a regular on Links Farm as he knew when Islamouth was on that there were fish going through the lower Isla.
Not sure if the Keithick beats have been renamed and you Glenelg 100 were further upriver on the slower water .
Mike

kingfisher

Well known member
Reaction score
I used to fish in a Isla syndicate on the Links Farm beat which ran from a few hundred yards above the Tay/Isla junction to 1.5 miles upstream. At that time the top of the beat then changed to Keithick Mains. (I think Kingfisher said Links Farm was now available on the Perth & District ticket.)
The locals parked at the old cemetery and walked down to the river.
Looking upstream from the bottom of Keithick Mains had some lovely streamy water and the locals did well with some tiny flies.
The retired Colin Leslie used to be a regular on Links Farm as he knew when Islamouth was on that there were fish going through the lower Isla.
Not sure if the Keithick beats have been renamed and you Glenelg 100 were further upriver on the slower water .
Mike
Perth Club has it for years but think they gave it up in recent years for some reason of another.
I never rejoined this year so don’t know what the current situation is with Links Farm. However the club has a great arrangement on the Ericht with the opposite bank - West Grange where they get to fish WG beat three days a week and is by far the best side with it being well maintained and better access to the pools.