Just Keeping Going

Rennie

Reaction score
I've refrained form commenting on whats going on all about us, primarily as there's very little I can actually do about it all.I'm down as a key worker(rightly or wrongly, as I'm a part of the food chain), my wife had a heart event last year late on and is an at risk person-as we are both age wise.My mums 87 and shows us a clean pair of heels round the supermarket, she has been house bound for 2 weeks so far.Both our sons are forging their own lives now, both have been told not to go in work for the initial 3 week period.I've cause to worry about everything(as have all of you/we/us!).
I haven't shopped since before the panic kicked off, I've been on my 7 day stint at work, so thats on the to do list tomorrow, as is filling up with diesel(gloves for the diesel pump!).Today, walked the Kray Twins and got my wifes medication from the chemist.Big changes every where over everything.Some however seem to be showing almost total disregard for whats going on!.
How am I coping?.
Well,I'm writing this part of my life off, it is what it is and what will be will be.All I can think of is hopefully maybe early June I'll get on the river to fish for a Ribble Salmon, hopefully it'll be on a Banana temple doggy thing I've managed to get right(thanks GK), hopefully it'll come from my favourite pool in my favourite spot, I'll positively relish the seclusion and peace and quiet, I might even see it move to my flee and hopefully it'll be nice n Silver and have a pound or two about it!.
Thats what is keeping me going, I might be out on the time scale(or most of it to be honest!,lol), but at the moment I can see little other than waiting it out, doing my best for my loved ones and being sensible about it all.
So, chin up dude's and dudette's, times a great healer, it's allways darkest before dawn as they say and much more than ever do unto other's as you would be done to yourself!.
I'd much rather argue with any of you after the fact that any of the current measures weren't really needed than say, well he wasn't a bad sort really, just got unlucky!.
To quote the late great Stuart Adamson, "Stay Alive!".
Pedro.

budge

Reaction score
Nicely put Pedro, things getting better in the supermarkets now although you have to queue to get in at busy times now. Should be a pleasant surprise at the pumps, £1.02 a litre for unleaded at Asda today. Shame I can't go anywhere on it

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

HOWKEMOOT

Reaction score
Well put Pedro, I too am over the magic age although retired now. We all need to think hard about mixing even at 2m, stick to the rules about staying in doors, ask, what I'm about to do is it absolutely necessary. This will pass if we collectively follow the Govt's instructions. If we don't, we could pass it onto a friend , a stranger, anybody, remember, you're a long time dead.

The fish will be there next season, make sure you are.

M

Last edited:

Balder

Reaction score
Having already been in lock down for almost three weeks in Norway, I am starting to get used to it. I can't say I like it (I am getting far too much work from my home office without the usual distractions), but I am putting up with it. It is very important that everyone follows your own government's instructions and I am sure there is enough food to go round for everyone wherever you are. There is plenty here and as the shops are virtually empty because of the lock down, it is very pleasant to go shopping. My main personal concern is that I had planned to sell my house around now, so I am not sure how that will work out.

Keep your spirits up - attached is a link to a YouTube video - people are very inventive!

Coronavirus Rhapsody - YouTube

flyfifer

Reaction score
Take care Pedro, we’ll see you at Stormont Back end.Mind you there was one or two about in July this last few years.

Tyke

Reaction score
Well said mate,
We may have to write off this season to have the chance of future seasons.
It ain't good, in fact it's bloody awful; but it may a whole lot better than the alternative!

Keep well mate, & my regards to "her indoors".

Tyke.

Walleye

Reaction score
There are many downsides to this but the silence and the birdsong is beautiful.

keirstream

Reaction score
I've refrained form commenting on whats going on all about us, primarily as there's very little I can actually do about it all.I'm down as a key worker(rightly or wrongly, as I'm a part of the food chain), my wife had a heart event last year late on and is an at risk person-as we are both age wise.
hopefully maybe early June I'll get on the river to fish for a Ribble Salmon, hopefully it'll be on a Banana temple doggy thing I've managed to get right(thanks GK), hopefully it'll come from my favourite pool in my favourite spot,.
I have been lucky this season so far so wonder how the early June fish will brighten up the Ribble? Surely there has to be a few early fish about, just as there was in the very unfancied waters of the Earn? Has anyone had a fish so far on this river that I knew nothing about until I read Terminal Chancer. How do you dodge the stirks on the warpath? How come you are an at risk person? Surely you are not over 70? Have you underlying health issues?
All these questions and more will be answered in the next, tension packed post on Ribble, Terminal Chancer and Rennie, The True Story.:lol::lol: