Just a photo of a hopeful angler.

Ypres

Reaction score
Only angler fishing near Grantown on Thursday.

Attachments

• 5A038A86-0816-4F08-AFB5-7D01C6B169F4.jpeg
    5A038A86-0816-4F08-AFB5-7D01C6B169F4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 636

ashley

Reaction score
I know exactly where that is.........lovely looking spot. I've spent several full weeks on the Assoc water right there and never seen a fish landed, and there was as many as 8 of us in our party. I did, however, see a local hook a salmon a few yards down from that image and it fell off after about ten seconds, followed by a lot of swearing. Lovely looking river but i feel it lives on the past reputation.....

ibm59

Reaction score
You are right. I had walked down from the cemetery. He was the only angler I saw. Changed days.

Could just be the photo , but the water looks blackish with a fair bit of foam.
‘Won’t see many locals on the water if that’s the case.

Was the Dulnain in flood ?

fisherman95

Reaction score
I've been fishing the spey for most of the last 4 weeks and not only have I seen plenty of fisherman, I have also seen plenty of fish and caught a few as well.
Most anglers I have spoken to are catching also so I would think ibm is right regarding the Dulnain.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lurig

Reaction score
Only angler fishing near Grantown on Thursday.

That is not me in the photograph but I was fishing on Thursday night & lost a good Salmon on the fly on Upper Castle Grant but it is the only fish that I have hooked in a week & I have seen very few fish. Might not be showing though.

ashley

Reaction score
I've been fishing the spey for most of the last 4 weeks and not only have I seen plenty of fisherman, I have also seen plenty of fish and caught a few as well.
Most anglers I have spoken to are catching also so I would think ibm is right regarding the Dulnain.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's great to hear.......let's hope the river improves....

carma2

Reaction score
There would probably be more up river where you can spin and worm fish , that pool at the old bridge was the best worming spot on the river in days gone bye , never to come back.

ashley

Reaction score
There would probably be more up river where you can spin and worm fish , that pool at the old bridge was the best worming spot on the river in days gone bye , never to come back.

I remember there being a queue in that spot ha ha