Junction trip 2016

SOLWAYSALMO

Reaction score
A huge thanks to Paul Pintsize and Micheal once again for there kind invitation to the Junction.A privilege to fish such a wonderful beat and a great bunch of people to meet great to see a few familiar faces and also some new ones.

The river running around 7" and a lovely morning for driving up to such a lovely part of Scotland sunrise was a wonderful sight coming up through the beautiful borders.

Had a good chin wag with everyone in the car park and the hut is starting to take great shape it looks like it would take a super flood to take it away its fair size we went to sainsburys for bits and bobs and headed down to Hempseedford for the morning session with Bobby and the famous Ian from Jed.

I fished the top stream whilst bobby headed below the croy and down to the wires Ian got me started in the pool then headed out and down to show bobby the bottom half of the beat hammered it with toby flying c rapala and devon only had one knock it was on the flying c enough to make the heart miss a beat but it came to nothing saw a nice fish opposite the croy.

Ian and Bobby came back from the bottom end around 12.45 pm to head back to the car park for lunch had a light shower then glorious sunshine afterwards had a carry on with everyone and some were heading away so we all said our goodbyes and headed over to fish cauld and hawthorns i hammered away with the flying c and Bobby fished the middle with the fly and me and Ian fished right down to the end of the bank were at around 4.30pm i hooked a belter it tore across the junction pool like a train and i could not have been more chuffed mind you Ian from Jed was dancing for joy too i was so over whelmed i took around 10 mins to land and i was not for losing this one and gave us a really good fight too it was jerking left then right then rolling over the line which was a bit of bum touching cloth for a second but turned it and Ian slammed it into the net i was officially off the mark once more thank god.

Ian rowed back across in the boat and me an Bobby fished the other side with the spinner and called it a day around 6.15pm another great day and one hell of a joy to fish with some wonderful people and i cant thank them enough it was one of them days that you will cherish for a lifetime just great memories :D

Again Huge thanks

Reaction score
Well done solway! Did you not get a quick pic with your well deserved fish?
I'm sure you had a top class day on an awesome beat. Made even better fishing with good company and boatmen.

SOLWAYSALMO

Reaction score
Well done solway! Did you not get a quick pic with your well deserved fish?
I'm sure you had a top class day on an awesome beat. Made even better fishing with good company and boatmen.

Yeah got a few pics WD it was a brilliant day with great company my phone is knacked so will have to do a bit of a shuffle to get the pics up but i will in time i was in awe all day and i keep having to kick myself and say concentrate and fish hard your at the Junction :D

kingfisher

Well known member
Reaction score
Well done SF, you deserved that fish for all the efforts and hours you put in.
Looking forward to seeing the fish and that big grin ;)