John Norris 50% off guideline reach rods!

HARDYBOY

Reaction score
Thinking of getting the switch rod at the weekend.

Could anyone advise if they are a budget range made for Norris' or just a genuine discount?

iainmortimer

Reaction score
Thinking of getting the switch rod at the weekend.

Could anyone advise if they are a budget range made for Norris' or just a genuine discount?

Its a genuine discount I believe because you could (can?) also get them from the Glasgow Angling Centre

TayRaider

Reaction score
I think currently the reach range is only available from JN
I would take the discount with a pinch of salt, I bought the reach reel last year and would say the discounted price is about right for it so am guessing the rods fall into the same boat.

Not to say the reach reel I have is bad, but if I had paid much more than the “50%off” price, I would have been a bit miffed

Isisalar

Reaction score
I've got 2 John Norris branded rods, an 11' #7/8 Ni1 switch and a 13'6" 8/9 (9/10) Atlantic, both made by guideline and they're by no means poverty models. They were both absolute bargains in my opinion.

goosander

Reaction score
Worked in retail at one time. We doubled the price for a while then gave 25% off.
Had a load of conifers to sell several thousand in my garden centre. Sold them off cheap at 50 pence and no body bought any. Took them off the shelf's for a couple of weeks then put a big sign up. £1.50 reduced to £1.00 and sold the lot.
I am only interested in the price one pays.
Bob.

chriswjx

Reaction score
Worked in retail at one time. We doubled the price for a while then gave 25% off.
Had a load of conifers to sell several thousand in my garden centre. Sold them off cheap at 50 pence and no body bought any. Took them off the shelf's for a couple of weeks then put a big sign up. £1.50 reduced to £1.00 and sold the lot.
I am only interested in the price one pays.
Bob.

I spent a summer back in Uni working for one of the tartan empires on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, being told to advertise the scarves and shite as "made in scotland" when I bloody well know they're not... but cos they have no origin statement on the product, its "fine"...

Andrew B

Reaction score
Hey thanks Iain, I’d been waiting for these to materialise as they been advertised for a while as being available in April.
I’m going up on holiday to the Lakes on May 22 for a week and would love to have a look see before I buy, but my fear is they’ll be gone by then?
I’m after a decent little trout rod.

iainmortimer

Reaction score
Hey thanks Iain, I’d been waiting for these to materialise as they been advertised for a while as being available in April.
I’m going up on holiday to the Lakes on May 22 for a week and would love to have a look see before I buy, but my fear is they’ll be gone by then?
I’m after a decent little trout rod.
If you do miss out have a look at the Greys GR series 20,40,60,80. They are very nice rods and one will be at the budget you want