Jock Monteith Spey rod 15'

pinksareup

Reaction score
Jock Monteith spey rod's
Has anybody tryed these rod's. Looking for a new rod for next season and can't decide between the B+W norway, or the century stealth, i was on the monteith web-site today to look at his line's and i see he has a 15' rod on there i have never seen or heard anything about them before, so this might be a third contender as it will be his line's that i will be useing.

DOON ROD

Banned
Reaction score
Or even a nice nearly brand new ''Daiwa McKenzie Signature 15ft 10/11'' 3 piece going for a song from a very fair man:D:D:D

Oh aye and it flys with a Monteith multi-tip on it also Carrons

Last edited:

Springer

Reaction score
Jock Monteith spey rod's
Has anybody tryed these rod's. Looking for a new rod for next season and can't decide between the B+W norway, or the century stealth, i was on the monteith web-site today to look at his line's and i see he has a 15' rod on there i have never seen or heard anything about them before, so this might be a third contender as it will be his line's that i will be useing.

You would be better to ring Jock direct and ask him what blanks are being used in his new range of rods. His first range used beefed up Harrison LORHIC blanks and the rod cost around £595. I did hear he then changed to B&W blanks for a while although dont quote me on that.

The new rods on his website say they are hand finished by Harrison and they use the standard Harrison corks so I guess he has gone away from B&W.

With a basic 'fit anything' Fuji reel seat and plain 'no nonsense' cosmetics it looks like this rod has been pitched to compete with the likes of the B&W Norway albeit a little more expensive after you get a deal from Fawcetts et al.

Harrisons made good blanks so for £395 you are hardly being robbed. As always It would be best if you could try before you buy, knowing Jock this might be possible. Century will let you return the rod within 10 days if its not suitable and Im sure B&W would send a rod on approval against a credit card although their price would be full RRP.

pinksareup

Reaction score
Cheer's for the replie's lad's. Springer did you try his line's on the century rod's ?, if so did they preform.

Springer

Reaction score
The Monty line works fine upto 68' on the 15' 10/11, I would not use it on the 15' 9/10/11 as its too long and the rods action is too stiff for head lengths over 55'

Red Heron

Reaction score
Montieth Rod

Jock Monteith spey rod's

I have one of Jocks "Gillie" Spey rods for sale at a good price. Excellent big river (Tay) rod. As new condition - hardly used - duff shoulders means I can only fish with 13/14' rods nowadays. Montieth Multi tip spey line is also available. Pm me if it is of interest to you.