January Fly Swap

Slaneybs

Reaction score
They arrived yesterday. Every single one could produce a springer. Great flies and something to learn from each one.
What I find surprising is just how many distinctive styles there are. Also the range of materials.
What is the front hackle made of on the gold double it is almost like a heron on a dee fly and what make of black double hook was used in the other double? It is really nice and heavy.
Many thanks to all and especially Garry as the organiser

Jockiescott

Reaction score
They arrived yesterday. Every single one could produce a springer. Great flies and something to learn from each one.
What I find surprising is just how many distinctive styles there are. Also the range of materials.
What is the front hackle made of on the gold double it is almost like a heron on a dee fly and what make of black double hook was used in the other double? It is really nice and heavy.
Many thanks to all and especially Garry as the organiser

The other double might be mine. If it is, it's a Fulling Mill Magni which I bought from good old Douglas at Flymakers.

Piker20

Reaction score
What is the front hackle made of on the gold double it is almost like a heron on a dee fly

Hi it's ringneck pheasant I ate in Dec. There are so many good feathers on a skin but people don't see past the tail.

Last edited:

Jockiescott

Reaction score
My set of flies arrived today and they are all great looking patterns.

Many to thanks to everyone who took part and to Gary for the organising! :)

Canewizard

Reaction score
Mine arrived too. A very nice set. Will defo try em next month. Thanks y'all and special thanks to Gary :)