January Fly Swap

gwelsher

Reaction score
Alright gentlemen,

I can't make a decision, so I'm offering a choice. Here's two similar patterns I tied. Just drop me a pm which one you like better and I'll tie accordingly.

GK last month, you this month Steve, what part of "tie 10 of one pattern" don't you get?! :D
PS: the second one for me please :p

10 of the second one will do nicely Steve.

Peas in a pod Gary ;)

Thanks Peter. Nice to see you back :D

Canewizard

Reaction score
"GK last month, you this month Steve, what part of "tie 10 of one pattern" don't you get?! :D"

Sorry :p

"10 of the second one will do nicely Steve."

I really don't care tbh, I simply like the Piglet profile. It didn't escape my attention, that you're not overly fond of it :p
But I found out yesterday, that fulling mill are selling one pretty similar to the one I tied. That's a bit of a relief, knowing it ain't complete BS ;)

Cheers,

Steve

Piker20

Reaction score
But I found out yesterday, that fulling mill are selling one pretty similar to the one I tied. That's a bit of a relief, knowing it ain't complete BS ;)

Cheers,

Steve

Best put it away safe when it arrives, be a collectors item.:p

GaryD

Reaction score
Jockiescott, your flies arrived today, each one a wee gem, and thanks for the wee selection of irish shrimps, will give them a swim when things warm up :D

Good to see you remembered an envelope this time, but even in these modern times with your every move captured on cctv and GCHQ monitoring all comms the old-fashioned Royal Mail still need your address! Pm me :p

Canewizard

Reaction score
Best put it away safe when it arrives, be a collectors item.:p

Why not quit your job and tell the government you don't need retirement pay?
And in 20 years time sell your example as one out of only five tied for a fortune... :p

gwelsher

Reaction score
Jockiescott

Good to see you remembered an envelope this time, but even in these modern times with your every move captured on cctv and GCHQ monitoring all comms the old-fashioned Royal Mail still need your address! Pm me :p

He thinks he's so famous just his name will do :D:D

Actually it's just an age thing ;);)

billy fish

Reaction score
Fly swap

Just finished and will post tomorrow.

IMG_1809.jpg

I'm not entirely pleased with them but it's my fault for leaving it to the last minute ,as usual.
Colin.

GaryD

Reaction score
GK, your set arrived today and look the part, and thanks again for the couple of extras, very nice as well :D

To anyone who hasn't posted yet, can you try and get them off to me by the end of this week so I can get them back out over the weekend?

Cheers!

Gary

Canewizard

Reaction score
I'm almost there. 4 more to go. Got a bit sidetracked today playing with new materials. Hurch flyfishing have a 50% discount on future fly products, in case you need something. I bought the Predator tubes, coz there was no pic and it only cost 40 cent. Looks like they made a mistake. Checked it out and now the kit costs 9,50 :D

IMG_20170131_173823609.jpg

Cheers,

Steve

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
Sorry Guys,

I’m only posting mine on my way home from work this evening. That was a slog and a half! I can’t remember the last time I struggled as much to put together 10 flies… then just to top it off, a final quality control check has just shown I’ve missed a rib on one as well…. So If Gary could, would you please pick it out and send that one back to me :eek:

It was the simplest of patterns to, a 1 inch GBWG!!!

GaryD

Reaction score
Canewizard, your flies arrived yesterday, but I was out at the opening of the mid Clyde then pub for rugby hence delay :D
Will get them sorted and sent out asap, prob mid week before I get them done.

GaryD

Reaction score
Finally managed to get some time to sort the swap out and if home in time to catch PO tmrw will get them sent then, failing that it'll be Wednesday. Apologies for delay, work and family been getting the better of me past week or so :mad:

gwelsher

Reaction score
Mine arrived today and a great set of flies.
Just in time to use them on the Dee next week. If one of them don't get a fish there's none there ;)
Thanks for organising Gary.

Sawyer

Reaction score
Mine also, again thanks for organising, fantastic set of flies & thanks to the other tyers for the excellent standard.
To the vice now & copy the other 9, hope no breach of copyright involved!

billy fish

Reaction score
Fly swap

Mine arrived this morning. A lovely collection and great variety. Thanks to everyone involved, especially Gary.
Colin

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Got home tonight after a few days away to a great set of flies.

They all look great and some nice ideas I'll definitely be copying. Thanks to everyone and double thanks to Gary!