Grassy_Knollington
Jockiescott
Slaneybs
Canewizard
FaughanPurple
Sawyer
billy fish
garyd

Usual format, each of us ties 10 of one pattern, sends them to me (WITH AN SAE!!) I'll sort them out and send back so each of us gets 10 different patterns (incl one of your own).

Flies can be on hooks or tubes and there's no set style or pattern to follow, but something you think the springers might like wouldn't go far wrong.

Ideally all flies should be with me by Friday 27th January, which gives me the weekend to sort and pack to get to the post office on the Monday.

Gentlemen, to your vices (or go and tie some flies instead :p)

Gary

Last edited:

Sawyer

Reaction score
Count me in, will try to tie something more "salmon" & less "Sea Trout" for a change, be gentle with me!

gwelsher

Reaction score
Here my entry based on a Willie Gunn there is a long hackle at the front dyed Black GP rump, should add some movement.

WG ConeGold.jpg

Canewizard

Reaction score
Gonna tie a Posh tosh tube with a twist. Have to wait for some materials, else I would already have tied one to present to you.

Cheers

GaryD

Reaction score
Here's a rough mock-up of what I'll be giving you this month, a kinermony shrimp tied Atkins-style on a 1" ali tube with conehead. Subbed the blue badger with blue grizzle but otherwise fairly standard. Might be a tweak or two, might even be an orange conehead and JC added before it's finalised (out of both:() but you get the idea, and naturally thread won't show at head :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

GaryD

Reaction score
Kinermony Conehead

Don't tie a lot of tubes but bearing in mind comments re hook restrictions on some waters in the Emerald Isle thought I'd try and make something everyone could use should they want to, and after much fannying about managed to come up with something which looks half decent, a Kinermony Conehead, tied Atkins style. 5 done, hope you like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 385

Piker20

Reaction score
Not the best photo but I'll take a better one when all ten are finished. On a #10 double.
IMG_20170110_211539.jpg

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
This is what you'll be getting from me. Maybe after this I'll pop my springer-on-fly cherry like I did my Willie Gunn one last season. It's from Chris Mann's book and is a Norwegian fly looking very much like the 'Eternal Optimist' from Tweed. Yellow and Green supposed to be good Spring colours
( don't ask me).

IMG_0367.jpg

Sawyer

Reaction score
Bl$$dy hell, hard acts to follow & I have already re-tied one lot!!
Back to the drawing board.