Jack Reece QPM

Paul Brodey

Reaction score
I've just been given a book called One River - by HE Carey. It also has a sticker in it showing it to have been pre owned by Jack Reece QPM. Does anyone know the significance of 'Galha - A - Re Shikari' that appears on the same sticker?

Ypres

Reaction score
Someone has asked this question before. Do a search on the forum.
I brought this up as I had just bought a Veniard's flytying book off eBay with the sticker. Jack was awarded the Queen's Police Medal for tracking down the Brighton Bomber. He was also a keen fisherman and guide - Shikari. An expression well known to an older generation brought up on Rider Haggard books and Stewart Granger films.

Bonito

Reaction score
Part of the phrase relates to the long pectoral fin of albacore tuna and is Portuguese. Jack was a close friend of mine and we fished together a good number of times.

After Jack received his QPM he retired from the force and Moved to the Azores where he set up the pescador big game charter business, Shakira was one of the boats (from memory). Jack was prompted to move there as a number of Irish gentlemen wanted a word with him. He died not that long after his lifetime fishing buddy, Denis Froud passed away, another friend of mine.