JACK PYKE ARGYLL SMOCK - MOSS GREEN or similar jacket

speers

Reaction score
Hi lads and lassies,
I start my new ghillie job at the beginning of march and although i have loads of fishing jackets, What i am looking for is a jacket for multi purpose shooting , fishing, It has to have big pockets for keeping my hands warm and shoving nylon, some flies etc in.
I see these smocks are 3/4 length which is ideal for sitting and protecting the lower legs and **** in wet windy conditions.
Firstly what are the forum members thoughts on these jackets.
Is the jack pyke jacket any good.
what do other ghillie's use for being on the river bank in winter/ spring.
Any tips and ideas would be most welcome

simon grace

Reaction score
Jack Pyke stuff is cheap for a reason. Spend a few quid and go for one of the Swazi smock.
The Swazi Kagoule Smock is a good all-rounder but they do longer ones too. Guaranteed watertight and bombproof.

speers

Reaction score
Jack Pyke stuff is cheap for a reason. Spend a few quid and go for one of the Swazi smock.
The Swazi Kagoule Smock is a good all-rounder but they do longer ones too. Guaranteed watertight and bombproof.

thanks Simon, ill look up the jacket.

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Don't know how I hit "thanks" for your post above Speer's when trying to reply... but anyway, I would 100% recommend the Swazi gear too.
Buy right, cry once but it is the dugs danglers

skagitmonster

Reaction score
i bought

the jack pyke smock , its ok the zips are shiiiite on it but it does the job ,another thing is I,m a large in most fittings but was told go xxl ,,,,glad I did as a large would defo not be a comfy fit more like a tight fit ,in future when it fails I,ll spend the extra