JACK HARGREAVES: OUT OF TOWN

bassfly

Reaction score
I’ll need to try and find them on you tube or Amazon prime.

i really like Matt Hayes as a presenter so been watching his 24 hour rod race on Amazon prime.

Robson Green is a bit annoying ( and that’s kind - can’t stand his ‘I’m an actor, poor boy from Northumberland act’ - but spotted this on prime. There are brief moments when I don’t even mind him - it’s obviously a promo vid for Iceland - but a few interesting flies, a look at hitching, interesting to see how they do their knots for small frances and some cracking fish ( there’s another episode I think 6 - where he hooks a monster on a single rod) - anyway worth a look:

What put me off Green was one episode when he was fishing for salmon with one rod and then had a fish on with a completely different rod. He must have had a team of anglers all trying to catch that fish.
My girlfriend bought me his book one Christmas as a joke as she knew how much I disliked him. Still not open a single page.

johnwest

Reaction score
A great countryman I remember there was a programme when I was a kid about the country way of life before Out of Town but can't remember the name the man was so laid back and knowledgeable Came across an Anglia production on u tube about game and river keepers worth a look too.
The programme was "country boy" with Oliver Kite about a city lad getting taught about the countryside