J. Norris Sale??

rytenuff

Reaction score
Norris don't seem to have a hang on this Black Friday thing. The Hardy Zephrus 13'6" was £539 in October but is now £899.99 and the Shakespeare Switch Rod was £69.99 last week and is now £74.99. Probably more anomalies but that is the two that I spotted.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Fe ck me that's a black Friday Bargain 👍🏻 I'll be ordering two of the hardys and two Shakespeares, they'll do for the peas in the garden 😉👍🏻
I wonder if they would have been dearer if it was a white Friday sale 🤔

Tangled

Reaction score
Probably put the price up so it can be in a 'sale' later...

Woodsy

Reaction score
They were giving 10 quid off a 50 quid shop earlier this week. If you are smart about it there's always a bargain to have

keirstream

Reaction score
Norris don't seem to have a hang on this Black Friday thing. The Hardy Zephrus 13'6" was £539 in October but is now £899.99 and the Shakespeare Switch Rod was £69.99 last week and is now £74.99. Probably more anomalies but that is the two that I spotted.
Is there not a law governing that sort of sharp practice?
Signs in shops normally tell you how long the item has been at whatever price prior to discounting for a sale.
A wee quiet email pointing this out wouldn't do any harm if you have absolute proof and I don't doubt you have.
I've had a few good buys (I wouldn't say bargains as all game tackle and clothing are rip off prices nowadays) but that does not excuse that sort of behaviour.
A sale should be a sale, end off.:(
Although it's difficult to tell with Chuck as to what is what with their endless sales.:D

ACW

Reaction score
Last time I was in the shop i gave the sales folk a gentle bollokking re my clogged up in box ,says he tapping away in his JN moleskins.:eek:

keirstream

Reaction score
I'h holding out for the best ever, sale to end all sales, double Black Friday, end of season, blockbuster, amazing, super, OMG, fantastic, eye popping, unbeatable, sale of the century SALE !!!

Now then, I thought, I need 1 item just now, a dug whistle.
So, I have a look at Chuck's latest sale to end all sales, the Mother of All Sales, as Stormin Norman would have put it.
Acme dog whistles Chuck says, are simply the best and worth every penny of our sale price of £10.95.(y)(y)
Then Fin & Game email pops in and the same whistle is £6.95.:D:eek::eek:
Caveat emptor.

westie4566

Reaction score
To be fair, I must admit that I did spend a bit on some Jack Pyke sweaters and fleeces for the fishing at JN. The prices were good so why not. Mea culpa 😂

madcaster

Reaction score
I called JN last Friday and asked if they had a 14.6 Zephus maybe a ex demo?
Please wait a moment I will see if we can do you a discount.....(here we go happy days merry Christmas Caster)...😬
Yes we have one you can have it for 775, 🤑
I was kinda hoping you would do me one similar to the recent sale at 570.😳
Afraid not you will have to keep watching the online sales !
Errr.... I will I'm not in any rush stutter stutter ...

MADCASTER

Bluesnappa

Reaction score
Half price for my Zephrus 14’6” (September) I checked the JN site one day at 11am, saw it advertised and immediately bought on line. I then rang to ask if I had got it. The lady said it was one that had just been put up in the shop rack for a few months and that it had just gone onto the site a few mins earlier and yes it was mine and would be with me the next day. The advert disappeared very quickly. I was just lucky to get it. So keep your eyes peeled and check JN online every so often to see what's available.

rytenuff

Reaction score
I maybe should have been clearer. Norris did not say these two rods were in a sale.
I meant that when the week of Black Friday is purported to be a super opportunity to get yourself "a bargain", Norris have raised some prices on a few rods e.g. Hardy Zephrus 13'6" £539 in October now £899.99 . A bargain! ( or at least discounted greatly, "It's not a bargain unless you need it" as my mother frequently reminded me) Thus, heading in the opposite direction to what some/most other retailers were doing. So, nothing illegal there then, just counter-intuitive to one's expectations.

squimp

Reaction score
You can’t just blame the retailer.

Suppliers use certain retailers to dispose of excess stock. JN regularly sell batches of Guideline stuff (for example) at ‘ex demo’ prices that are well below their normal ‘discount’ price.

These special deals happen on and off through the year - so don’t necessarily fit in with the illusion that is ‘Black Friday’.

Andrew B

Reaction score
My Uncle Freddie from Lancashire said that Yorkshire was the only county in England where Jews couldn't make a living. ;)
Oooops! Might as well tear up my Labour Party membership.:D
Ouch...
My mates grandma from Yorkshire used to hang up used tea bags to dry and use again 😂