Islamouth

westie4566

Reaction score
Who amongst us wouldn't kill their Granny ( 😜) to be fishing Isalmouth this week! 19 on Monday, 9 yesterday and 10 today. That's blooming decent fishing by any standards these days.

To put it into context, Monday's catches equal the entire catch for the Tweed today as per Fishpal 5 mins ago. AND to be fair, the Tweed is fishing it's socks off so far this truncated season.

I'm not jealous....honest!😅

flytay

Reaction score
Westie,

I think from the catches shown on Fishpal, Monday was the first day fished on Islamouth since the lockdown. This probably explains why the catches have been so good this week. In addition, the Tay has had another rise this week which the Tweed did not. I agree with you that I would give my right arm to fish Islamouth this week!

Flytay

westie4566

Reaction score
Guy's I'm perfectly aware that Islamouth only started back fishing on Monday. I heard that as many were lost as caught on Monday. Still great fishing never the less!

westie4566

Reaction score
The West Water wouldn't be the same after a day like that Andy 😁
We've had better.....seriously.

I can mind a day with my two mates and myself having 5 each and that wasn't counting what the other rods caught that day. Oh, and that was within the last 10 years.(y) That was probably the most prolific beat anywhere in Scotland that day.

Right place, right water, right time!

Coneheads

Banned
Reaction score
West Water ? :unsure:
WHERE IS IT?: The West water is a tributary of the North Esk, and flows through Glen Lethnot. It is a fantastic paddle, but unfortunately runs rarely.:unsure:

did a search . paddle ? runs rarely ? dries up then ?

Last edited:

westie4566

Reaction score
West Water ? :unsure:
WHERE IS IT?: The West water is a tributary of the North Esk, and flows through Glen Lethnot. It is a fantastic paddle, but unfortunately runs rarely.:unsure:

did a search . paddle ? runs rarely ? dries up then ?
Care to make that into a sensible question? I have no idea what you're going on about.

Yup, you're right about the geographic part...the rest is gibberish.

Last edited:

Coneheads

Banned
Reaction score
Care to make that into a sensible question?
I was wondering where the West Water ? River is ? came up with the following ? after googling it
WHERE IS IT?: The West water is a tributary of the North Esk, and flows through Glen Lethnot. It is a fantastic paddle, but unfortunately runs rarely.

Coneheads

Banned
Reaction score
Well you've googled where it is...so your question as to where it is is answered.

Goodnight.
West Water ? you into kayaking too :p:p, is that where you got your forum name ? Westie ? 4,5,6,6 catches on west water ?
Junction pools on any decent salmon rivers are goldfish bowls !
Lower Beauly Beats 8 , 28 , & 17 the last 3 days, outfished Islamouth .

charlieH

Reaction score
Not in my book. In the most simplistic sense, yes, you can say that the Lower Beauly produced more fish. But remember that 'Lower Beauly' in fact covers three beats, (Falls, Home and Downie), and each beat carries five rods. By contrast, Islamouth is just the one five rod beat.

53 fish for 15 Beauly rods equates to 3.5 fish per rod. 38 fish from Islamouth is 7.6 fish per rod - over twice as productive from an angling point of view, in other words.

In assessing the productivity of a fishery, it's more or less meaningless to look at catch numbers without also considering the number of rods. Similarly, Tweed's Junction Beat may have a five year average of 377, but that's shared among 6 rods. Hendersyde has a 5ya of 250 fish, for just two rods - again, just about twice as many fish per rod.

nickolas

Reaction score
Who amongst us wouldn't kill their Granny ( 😜) to be fishing Isalmouth this week! 19 on Monday, 9 yesterday and 10 today. That's blooming decent fishing by any standards these days.

To put it into context, Monday's catches equal the entire catch for the Tweed today as per Fishpal 5 mins ago. AND to be fair, the Tweed is fishing it's socks off so far this truncated season.

Birgham Dub is not doing to bad, 2 guys fishing back end last week 3 days 25 fish, I should have been there.

nickolas

Reaction score

Birgham Dub is not doing to bad, 2 guys fishing back end last week 3 days 25 fish, I should have been there.

westie4566

Reaction score
West Water ? you into kayaking too :p:p, is that where you got your forum name ? Westie ? 4,5,6,6 catches on west water ?
Junction pools on any decent salmon rivers are goldfish bowls !
Nope not a kayaker and my forum name has zero to do with the wee river.

Cyclops

Reaction score
Out of interest, how much would a day on Islamouth cost you? that’s impressive catches.