Integrated hover / very slow inty .

ibm59

Reaction score
Does anyone make one of these with a head around 40‘ (ish) but in lighter double hander sizes ie 7/8 - 8/9 ?

Jockiescott

Reaction score
John Norris made one...

IMG_20211006_151610_edit_1043146263058015.jpg

I have the this one and the fast intermediate also. Very good lines for £19.99.

Fruinfisher

Reaction score
My mistake - I’ve got the eight weight in a floater, you’d think they would do the same in a hover ( I’d like one too)

Fruin

Reaction score
The Airflo long headed single hander lines have a head length of around 40 ft. You could always go up a couple of sizes to get the right one for a double hander.

Granted, they only go to WF8 but might work with a 6/7 rated double handed rod???

Fruin

Reaction score
Or a cheap option...

keirstream

Reaction score
The hover is the only line I have on my rod from mid July onwards for subsurface work, usually teamed with an inty tip.
That is, unless I am fishing wee doubles on a long leader which is rare these days.
I use the Gaelforce 34g on both my Loop Cross 12 ft 7/8 and the Gaelforce 13ft 7/8 and they handle the line just fine although
if the situation allows, I much prefer a single hander with the Airflo Glass Slow Inty with a clear Inty tip.
Much more fun and more efficient in my book.(y)

rubberwellie

Reaction score
The hover is the only line I have on my rod from mid July onwards for subsurface work, usually teamed with an inty tip.
That is, unless I am fishing wee doubles on a long leader which is rare these days.
I use the Gaelforce 34g on both my Loop Cross 12 ft 7/8 and the Gaelforce 13ft 7/8 and they handle the line just fine although
if the situation allows, I much prefer a single hander with the Airflo Glass Slow Inty with a clear Inty tip.
Much more fun and more efficient in my book.(y)
Is the line integrated with a clear inty tip or do you add an inty poly to the slow glass line?

keirstream

Reaction score
The Airflo Glass slow inty is a clear trout line 7wt. To that I add a 10ft clear inty Airflo polyleader which helps anchor the line if I need to Spey cast and has the added bonus of straightening out overhead casts in most wind conditions requiring only a short length of tippet material.