I want to try Guideline Rods;

MikeCC

Reaction score
Id always buy from john norris even if they arent the cheapest with the rod.
Got my 13ft lpxe for 100 quid inc overnight postage as james did a deal on it as it was second hand and he rekoned the handle was a bit ropey. It arrived and was perfect condition and nothing wrong with the handle at all

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Norris are definitely one of the cheapest on any new rod. They dont advertise it(certain brands get a little upset at their products on discount) but as long as you phone the shop direct and do a card payment over the phone then you’ll normally get 20% off RRP. Ive never paid full whack on anything over the years from JN.

dustybinns

Reaction score
Guideline Nt8

I would agree with Happydays on the guideline Nt8, 12’9” 8/9 is spot on for your part of the world,will pull tips all day long for those big Pacific’s.

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Update !

Well I did buy one and it is still caught up in the postal system. Apparently it took Canadian Post 2 full weeks to get the rod out of Quebec. When it finally crossed a border it went into New York State. Then on to the Metro International Sorting Center in ............... you guessed it New York City!

After three days they managed to hand it off to a domestic mail office but I have no clue when it will get here. It'll be 3 weeks Tuesday that I paid and the process began. I'm not one to piss and moan over the postal services often but corona virus or not two weeks to get it out of Quebec? That's like 2 weeks to get a rod out of Alaska. I could hitchhike to the Canadian boarder in 2 days!

The Americans, the USPS they do a pretty good job. They will get a First Class mail item from Alaska to Florida in 4 to 5 days and a Priority Mail package the same distance in 3. But holy mackerel! 2 weeks to get one outta Quebec..........

No stroke of brilliance that it going to New York City the epicenter of the corona virus in America for sure. I'd have thought the postal service would have been detouring items to a less impacted handling center. There are many in the country and any one would have been better than NY NY

Fingers crossed for later this coming week. I've already spooled up a Super Scandi on the Hardy MTX 7000 reel because the original tracking said the rod would arrive yesterday May 30. I was totally defeated when I got an updated e-mail stating it would be arriving late :cry:

Rrrr

Reaction score
Update !

Well I did buy one and it is still caught up in the postal system. Apparently it took Canadian Post 2 full weeks to get the rod out of Quebec. When it finally crossed a border it went into New York State. Then on to the Metro International Sorting Center in ............... you guessed it New York City!

After three days they managed to hand it off to a domestic mail office but I have no clue when it will get here. It'll be 3 weeks Tuesday that I paid and the process began. I'm not one to piss and moan over the postal services often but corona virus or not two weeks to get it out of Quebec? That's like 2 weeks to get a rod out of Alaska. I could hitchhike to the Canadian boarder in 2 days!

The Americans, the USPS they do a pretty good job. They will get a First Class mail item from Alaska to Florida in 4 to 5 days and a Priority Mail package the same distance in 3. But holy mackerel! 2 weeks to get one outta Quebec..........

No stroke of brilliance that it going to New York City the epicenter of the corona virus in America for sure. I'd have thought the postal service would have been detouring items to a less impacted handling center. There are many in the country and any one would have been better than NY NY

Fingers crossed for later this coming week. I've already spooled up a Super Scandi on the Hardy MTX 7000 reel because the original tracking said the rod would arrive yesterday May 30. I was totally defeated when I got an updated e-mail stating it would be arriving late :cry:
Like a kid waiting for santa ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk