I like... green butts...and I cannot lie

Woodsy

Reaction score
A few green butts tied on size 14 flying trebles and size 16 and 18 micro trebles. I have had a lot of success with these the past 3 seasons on shop bought fulling mill ones. I didn't get to try my own ones this year as the water was never low enough.

I also had a little fun with the new torch, how could they resist em?

20201115_215151.jpg20201115_215326.jpg

Petekd

Reaction score
I’ve had great success with the Fulling Mill version on the Cork Blackwater in lower levels. Fished square in the slower water off a long leader, mighty little fly. Like the look of yours, there’s more of an impact off the green butt than the shop bought.

Woodsy

Reaction score
I’ve had great success with the Fulling Mill version on the Cork Blackwater in lower levels. Fished square in the slower water off a long leader, mighty little fly. Like the look of yours, there’s more of an impact off the green butt than the shop bought.
That's the ones I've been using myself, the only issue is that the hooks are quite weak so tied these on VMCs and they have a little more strength

Rennie

Reaction score
Love 'em, on the brass, fish takers 100% and there's some missing from my box, have you nicked 'em and tidied them up a bit! ?.
Pedro

Woodsy

Reaction score
Lovely flies for summer. What hooks are they please?
Hi T7, the silver hooks are VMCs and I can't remember the brand of bronze hooks as they are about 15 years old. They use to be sold as flying trebles used for sea trout but unsure who makes them