How to Carry Scandinavian Patterns

GeeBee

Reaction score
I have the Finsport wallet system from a while back, but any wallet system is going to flatten your flies.

I put my flies for the day or session, in ziploc bags before i leave the house or car boot. I take a spare bag so used flies can go into it for washing, resharpening etc. otherwise they live a happy uncrushed life in plano boxes.

Tubular Spey

Reaction score
I have the Guideline tube box....comes in a 5 compartment version for medium and 3 compartment version for larger flies.....great box, I am a huge fan...

The Frodin wallet seems pretty gimmicky and impractical....probably very expensive too for what it is. However, I am a big fan of the fits organizer for coneheads and discs, that thing rocks.

Geordieboy

Reaction score
I use the Snowbee wallet for large patterns & I find it very useful. I used boxes before but the wallet is more compact & carries more. Mind you, the flies are mostly my own tyings & so probably look better after being roughed up.I found the pictured smaller wallet, roughly 6"x4" in GAC and its better for smaller patterns. They were on offer and very cheap.

View attachment 59682View attachment 59683

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210412-184149_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210412-184149_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 19

Geordieboy

Reaction score
Just bought this off Amazon. Snowbee wallet. With some jumbo straws I'll be carrying around my Frodin scandi patterns.
I've also bought some 3-5 compartment fly boxes for my snaeldas and Samurai/Sunray patterns.

hawtal

Reaction score
Big straws are for Smoothie drinks and are cheap but Amazo will sell you 60 plastic test tubes with blue stoppers for about £5 and you can buy zip lock plastic wallets pack of four equally cheap the test tubes hold 3 /4 small cone heads and will take really long Sunrays etc with 60 test tubes you could carry hundreds of tube flies but you might do what I did and give some to your mates cheers

Geordieboy

Reaction score
Now thats bloody brilliant. The straws have arrived and are pretty small. Still, they are already being eye'd up by her indoors. I'll go and have a look at the test tubes and ziplock bags. I want some bags anyway for selecting shooting heads for the day, so perfect!
Big straws are for Smoothie drinks and are cheap but Amazo will sell you 60 plastic test tubes with blue stoppers for about £5 and you can buy zip lock plastic wallets pack of four equally cheap the test tubes hold 3 /4 small cone heads and will take really long Sunrays etc with 60 test tubes you could carry hundreds of tube flies but you might do what I did and give some to your mates cheers

meyre

Reaction score
Ard

Please can you put up a shot of your 2 preferred patterns?....As they can help illustrate for me the grail of less being more!