How bulky are Gaelforce equaliser ESSS switch lines?

Gerryatric72

Reaction score
Just awaiting the delivery of a 6/7 24g line and trying to decide what size reel to fit it on and what quantity of micro backing I need on a switch rod reel ? Hope it’s not a daft question!

Jock

Reaction score
I have it on a Danielsson LW5 6-9 reel See pics. Cant remember how much 30lb backing I have on but it will be at least 75 yards and more likely 100+
IMG_8556.jpgIMG_3388.jpg

keirstream

Reaction score
I fish it off a Control 7-12 and from memory loaded it with around 200m gel spun with room to spare, so I would guess a similar amount of micro backing would fill it.

Jock

Reaction score
I fish it off a Control 7-12 and from memory loaded it with around 200m gel spun with room to spare, so I would guess a similar amount of micro backing would fill it.
I have the 8/9 ESSS (30g) on that reel Tom and only managed 110 yds of 30lb micro. This reel and line combo along with one of the best value fly rods of all time ( the 12' 9" shakey exp ) is my most used set up. Love it to bits :)

keirstream

Reaction score
I have the 8/9 ESSS (30g) on that reel Tom and only managed 110 yds of 30lb micro. This reel and line combo along with one of the best value fly rods of all time ( the 12' 9" shakey exp ) is my most used set up. Love it to bits :)
Aye, Jock, but remember we are talking here of the 6/7 ESSS (24g)
Extra space all round.:)
Yip, nice set up.(y)

keirstream

Reaction score
Did you have shot of mine:unsure: Can't see you owning such a cheap rod:D:D:D
I did Jock.
It was on a day when it was VERY quiet at the quarry and nobody had a camera to use in an entrapment sting.
It is a very nice set up but when the cork started burning my skin I had to put it down.:D:D:D