How are you guys mounting your camera?

DirtyStream

Reaction score
Sorry for not posting up a head cam vid as I'm still at the preparation stage. I was wondering if any of you guys who have been videoing your catches could share the best way to mount the camera on your head?

Rennie

Reaction score
I got one last year, never used it yet!.Pretty sure thats why the runs of fish have collapsed!,I brought a Go- Pro type cam.
Pedro.

Bothy Cat

Reaction score
GoPro

My kids bought me a GoPro as a birthday present and whilst I'm really into photography I wondered whether I would get the use out of it. Needn't have worried, I hardly take it off. I opted for a chest harness which is hardly noticeable, the camera conveniently sits above the "V" in my fishing waistcoat and doesn't get in the way of my casting. I think the body position is more stable than a head mounted camera but you lose some height, each to their own I suppose. These wide angle lenses don't half improve my casting distance!!:confused:

Last edited:

mikh

Reaction score
Hi
I've tried both a head and chest mount. With the head mount as you glance around the camera moves and shakes. With the chest mount as you look around the camera remains fairly stable producing much better overall results.
I now only use the chest mount.

Mikh

Robb76

Reaction score
Hi I've used both chest and head mount. Prefer head mount when wearing a cap or hat. Problem I have is when I have it on I do not catch fish! As soon as I take it off or leave it I get the odd fish Probably coincidental but there's is definitely a pattern developing...that or the fish are camera shy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jimmythefish

Reaction score
Get a chest mount absolutely,I know this is an old post,but to anybody thinking of mounting a go pro,a chest mount will capture still great video footage , just try and keep it high up on your chest,not below your chin but good and high up,head mounting would make you feel a bit sick watching back the replay if you constantly glancing left and right ,trial and error first ,just try it out the back first setting the camera angle,after that,it's just point and shoot.