Hospital - BBC1

John Keane

Reaction score
Hospital” on BBC1 a programme that focuses on six hospital trusts in Liverpool and the day to day problems and triumphs of the NHS coping with outdated accommodation, budgetary restraints and the unrelenting pressure of demand for hospital beds. NHS detractors would be advised to catch future episodes!

happy days

Reaction score
I was visiting a mate who's had a stroke in the Royal this afternoon, the nurse was telling me about it, will get on iplayer. :thumb:

goosander

Reaction score
Most days in the papers there are complaints about the N.H.S. and how poor they are. That is strange as most of the folk including my self have had nothing but good experiences of it. For example you can get a line from the doctor for an X-ray and you just call in when it suits. Never waited as much as half an hour before being seen.
The N.H.S. is a success story as just think how many knee/hip/transplant are carried out now compared with even just 10 years ago.
Bob.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
The BBC 2 ‘School’ documentary is similarly also well worth a watch.

happy days

Reaction score
Most days in the papers there are complaints about the N.H.S. and how poor they are. That is strange as most of the folk including my self have had nothing but good experiences of it. For example you can get a line from the doctor for an X-ray and you just call in when it suits. Never waited as much as half an hour before being seen.
The N.H.S. is a success story as just think how many knee/hip/transplant are carried out now compared with even just 10 years ago.
Bob.

Hopefully pay and conditions will improve for frontline staff. One nurse to 16 patients on an 12 hour ward shift is unacceptable, a scenario I have witnessed first hand.

John Keane

Reaction score
Last night’s episode involved, amongst other things, a cardiac surgeon doing open heart surgery for 11 hours on a three month old baby. and another surgeon working for 8 hours an a new-born baby’s heart that was the size of a strawberry.

I am going to buy a hat just so I can take it off to heroes like them!