Hodgman vion wading boots any good?

JamieDen

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m looking at a new pair of wading boots and quite fancy the hodgman vions with the replaceable interchangeable soles so I can walk and then not break my neck on the rocks in the river. Has anyone tried them and if so any thoughts? Would I need to size up?
many thanks in advance
J

mows

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m looking at a new pair of wading boots and quite fancy the hodgman vions with the replaceable interchangeable soles so I can walk and then not break my neck on the rocks in the river. Has anyone tried them and if so any thoughts? Would I need to size up?
many thanks in advance
J
I have a pair.
They seem fine to me.
The normal soles were a bit slidy on wet rocks.
Changed to the felt and studs, no issues.
Im a size 8, ordered a size 9. Perfect.

JamieDen

Reaction score
I have a pair.
They seem fine to me.
The normal soles were a bit slidy on wet rocks.
Changed to the felt and studs, no issues.
Im a size 8, ordered a size 9. Perfect.
Thanks very much for the info!

chriswjx

Reaction score
Love mine. Same as mows, I went a size up as well (7 to 8, note the box will have the American size in big so don't be alarmed). Studs seem pretty good, I've been out with them now for about 10 days and not lost any, even when just walking along rough gravel.

If they have your size, make sure to get them from fishingmegastore.com, they are the only ones who seem to be putting them out at the bottom clearance price AND giving you 3 extra soles (comes with 2 as is). Plus they'll give free shipping as its over 50 quid, and that usually turns to be DHL express due to the box size

JamieDen

Reaction score
Love mine. Same as mows, I went a size up as well (7 to 8, note the box will have the American size in big so don't be alarmed). Studs seem pretty good, I've been out with them now for about 10 days and not lost any, even when just walking along rough gravel.

If they have your size, make sure to get them from fishingmegastore.com, they are the only ones who seem to be putting them out at the bottom clearance price AND giving you 3 extra soles (comes with 2 as is). Plus they'll give free shipping as its over 50 quid, and that usually turns to be DHL express due to the box size
Thanks very much for the info they look v good. I emailed GAC today and unfortunately they don’t have my size and are apparently discontinued. I’m not sure if that’s just the style of boot or hodgman boots in general?
I’m now on the look out for a new pair of other boots, is Simms freestone the ones people on the forum rate highest?
Thanks again for the thoughts on the hodgmans… think I was just too slow off the mark!

chriswjx

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the info they look v good. I emailed GAC today and unfortunately they don’t have my size and are apparently discontinued. I’m not sure if that’s just the style of boot or hodgman boots in general?
I’m now on the look out for a new pair of other boots, is Simms freestone the ones people on the forum rate highest?
Thanks again for the thoughts on the hodgmans… think I was just too slow off the mark!

Hodgmans are getting out of the wading business full stop, hence why GAC have all their stuff down to like 70% off. Shame to hear they didn't have your size though, guess you must have clown feet ;) think a couple of other places have them for £125ish, but GAC were the only ones I could find doing the 3 extra soles (and there's a couple of places still selling them them full price...)

JamieDen

Reaction score
Hodgmans are getting out of the wading business full stop, hence why GAC have all their stuff down to like 70% off. Shame to hear they didn't have your size though, guess you must have clown feet ;) think a couple of other places have them for £125ish, but GAC were the only ones I could find doing the 3 extra soles (and there's a couple of places still selling them them full price...)
Hit the nail on the head! I’m like coco the clown wandering down the bank size 12 wading boots😂… will have another look about. Thanks again!