Hermes Scam

kimbo

Reaction score
Just had a message from s mobile number saying it was from Hermes and that they tried to deliver a parcel but missed us and to visit the link in the message to arrange redelivery otherwise the parcel will be returned to sender.

Finglas

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot like that at the moment. I've had someone claiming to be dpd basically sending me the exact same message. Also had other scam messages from HSBC, don't have and never have had an account with them.

Makes me realise how the old folks get scammed because some of them seem quite legit these days.

ibm59

Reaction score
Also people getting sms's from 'royal mail' saying they need to pay a customs charge
5BEB1DC9-E99C-40B0-B723-8A33A04971E1.jpeg

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Also people getting sms's from 'royal mail' saying they need to pay a customs charge
I fell for that one as was expecting parcels and charges. They had mirrored royal mail website. I stupidly typed in my card details. Next thing I'm getting authorisation codes fir just eat. Thought b0llocks need to cancel card. Then I gets a call from bank of Scotland saying there's unusual activity on my account. I said yes been had by royal mail scam. He said right need to cancel your card and swap things about. Asked me all about scam some security questions last authorised transaction and balance on my account. He then told me to open my online banking. I asked how do I know you are from bank of Scotland. He told me to compare the no. he was calling from to no. on back of my card. Yep was same no. he then told to go into payments and transfers. I was like wait a minute I'm no liking this. Told the boy I would go into bank next day to sort out. I went straight onto online banking clicked fraud. Spoke to them she just cancelled card said another 1 be to me I couple days. Said that was defo not them that phoned me.
So they basically mirrored royal mails website and cloned the bank of Scotland phone no.
See when they asked me how much was in my account if I'd said 37p they would of just hung up.
Dirty bastards

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
I seem to have one or more scam e-mails, texts etc most days. I generally delete/ignore but if I am genuinely not sure I find the official number or e-mail for the organisation in question and contact them that way rather than through any link/reply function.

Some of the e-mails are quite convincing but the sender's e-mail address normally has at least one or two strange letters/numbers in it.

The underpaid delivery fee scam is quite effective as in these times most of us are expecting deliveries by post !

Sadly, it is the most vulnerable (particularly elderly) who are most likely to be the unwitting victims.

SILVER-SALMON

Reaction score
I was told these scam calls are due to Facebook being hacked
Been getting them myself from a mobile number claiming to be Royal Mail

rodbender

Reaction score
The thing that puzzles me about scams! is how can they not trace these scumbags and prosecute them? the one I like is when they ask you to press 1 to talk to an adviser I press 1 and let them think they have a victim then give them a right foul mouthful.

chriswjx

Reaction score
The thing that puzzles me about scams! is how can they not trace these scumbags and prosecute them? the one I like is when they ask you to press 1 to talk to an adviser I press 1 and let them think they have a victim then give them a right foul mouthful.

Honestly don't know... someone is providing has to be providing these scammers with a landline, unless they all route through to burner mobiles...

Rrrr

Reaction score
Theres tons of videos on youtube where people scam the scammers. They hack into their computers in india and get all of their personal info and shut the lot down.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

carma2

Reaction score
yes its scam time , had an email from an old friend asking to get in touch with him , when I replied he needed a favour , could I
get a google play birthday card for his niece as his card has been refused .
I smelled rat and binned the message.

i

scoops

Reaction score
After being bombarded by the HMRC scams, today I’ve checked my card statement and have 494 from Tesco groceries that I’ve not bought, got all sorted easy enough as wasn’t my name or address on the purchase
Was told if paying online now to type your card and security codes on a note/word document then cut and paste them in so the scammers only see a cut and paste and not sixteen digits which is a give away for them.